Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming creating separate output file for each input file in python Post 303037472 by Corona688 on Friday 2nd of August 2019 11:37:26 AM
Old 08-02-2019
I don't think saved_ip = open('/tmp/outputcommand'"%s.txt"%i, "a+") does what you think it does. What are %s and %i supposed to be?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output of command to 2 separate file?

How would I echo the same results to two files? One is a running log, and the other is a cache, or sort. echo "Hello World" >> /Logs/File1 & /tmp/file2 I would just copy it from one place to the other, but the Log keeps history, where I want the /tmp to hold only stuff per session. I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating files and getting input from another file

I have a file where i have files name with absolute path. Ex: files.dat and contents are: /root/xy/yz/zz/abc.txt /root/xx/yy/zz/ac.txt /root/xz/yz/zx/bc.txt /root/xy/yz/zx/abcd.txt now i want to create all above files(dummy files and can be 0 byte). i thought of using touch but it doesn't... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating separate directories according to file extension and keeping file in different directory as

unix program to which a directory name will be passed as parameter. This directory will contain files with various extensions. This script will create directories with the names of the extention of the files and then put the files in the corresponding folder. All files which do not have any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deekay.p
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract DDL - output every match to separate file

Hi, i want to extract the 'CREATE INDEX' or 'CREATE UNIQUE INDEX' statements from a ddl file and output each match to a separate file. i was looking around the net but couldnīt find anything. a possible sed-script could be: sed -n '/CREATE*INDEX*/,/COMMIT/p' filename.ddlbut i couldnīt find out... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: CactusMoon
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate Text File into Two Lists Using Python

Hello, I have a pretty simple question, but I am new to Python and am trying to write a simple program. Put simply, I want to take a text file that looks like this: 11111 22222 33333 44444 55555 66666 77777 88888 and produce two lists, one containing the contents of the left column, one the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tyler_92
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a file from input stream

Hi, Need some help with creating a file from input steam. Meaning from following command myfunc should be able to store the input stream to a file. echo a b c | myfunc The file thus created should have - a b c Here's what I've tried in myfunc() but didn't help - myfunc() { cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexional
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to use diff output to compare to a separate file

I have two files: smw:/working/iso_testing # cat a QConvergeConsoleCLI-1.1.03-49.x86_64.rpm aaa_base-13.2+git20140911.61c1681-1.3.i586.rpm acpica-20140724-2.1.2.i586.rpm test.rpm smw:/working/iso_testing # cat b QConvergeConsoleCLI-1.1.03-49.x86_64.rpm... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedlund21
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a master file of conjugated verbs by concatenating root and inflection from separate files

Excuses for the long descriptive title. I am working with Sindhi and developing a database of all verbal conjugations in that language. I have generated 2 files: Verbs.dic contains all the verbs, one verb per line Inflections.dic contains the verbal conjugations which need to be appended to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
SLUGIMAGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      SLUGIMAGE(1)

NAME
slugimage - Manipulate NSLU2 firmware images SYNOPSIS
slugimage [-p|-u] [options] DESCRIPTION
slugimage can be used to create or unpack NSLU2 firmware images. OPTIONS
-d, --debug Turn on debugging output -q, --quiet Turn off status messages -u, --unpack Unpack a firmware image -p, --pack Pack a firmware image -l, --little Convert Kernel and Ramdisk to little-endian -i, --input Input firmware image filename -o, --output Output firmware image filename -b, --redboot Input/Output RedBoot filename -k, --kernel Input/Ouptut Kernel filename -s, --sysconf Input/Output SysConf filename -r, --ramdisk Input/Output Ramdisk filename(s) -f, --fisdir Input/Output FIS directory filename -y, --payload Input/Output Payload filename -t, --trailer Input/Output Trailer filename -e, --ethaddr Set the Ethernet address AUTHOR
This man page was written by Joey Hess, <joey@kitenet.net>. SLUGIMAGE(1)