Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ncurses status bar
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Ncurses status bar Post 303037445 by Corona688 on Thursday 1st of August 2019 01:04:41 PM
Old 08-01-2019
If I had to make a wild guess, you're drawing something else on top of it. What, I can't say, without seeing all of your code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Couldn't open status file /var/samba/STATUS.LCK

I believe i have most of samba configured right but i get this error each time time try to run it. I was given suggestion that i touch the file, i did, but i still cannot rid myself of this error. Any suggestions (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
2 Replies

2. Programming

ncurses -> the best way to use menus

hello there, i'm exploring the curses lib and i'm having some trouble with "defining a style". to clarify: i'm creating a menu driven app and i've been thinking what's the best way to use menus: make global vars (not my favourite), creating a function which designs the menu and returns the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashnburn
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Installing RedHat 8.0 onto Dell PowerEdge SC1425 - hdc: status error: status = 0x58

I have successfully installed RedHat 8.0 onto a Dell PowerEdge SC1425 today. This server has two SATA hard drives, and an IDE DVD-ROM drive. Using the following kernel parameters, i successfully installed across both hard drives from CD: ide0=0x1f0,0x3f6,14 vga=791 resolution=1024x768 expert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

status bar in shell script or perl

How To Generate different different progress bar in shell script? like we install some software it show us progress, like we install RPM that also show us progress. Thanks, Bash (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space and vertical bar with verical bar

I am trying to get sed, tr or awk to search a file that contains records with fields delimited by the vertical bar | and replace the occurrences in the records where the vertical bar is preceded by a space " |" with a vertical bar. Sample data record zelli |||59 Stonewall Dr ||W Barnstable |MA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clintrpeterson
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spinning bar status while doing something.

After some googling, I came across this script to create a spinning cursor: #!/bin/bash # paste following in your script declare -a Spinner Spinner=(/ - \\ \| / - \\ \| ) Spinnerpos=0 update_spinner() { printf "\b"${Spinner} (( Spinnerpos=(Spinnerpos +1)%8 )) } # testing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

7. Programming

Help with ncurses

Help with ncurses Hi, I need some help with ncurses.I'm supposed to write a program in C to display date and time and also to input the username and password using C.I chose ncurses for my task and here I am. Code: #include <stdio.h> #include <termios.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh_01
1 Replies

8. Programming

ncurses refresh()

i have read in one of links, there its documented but i am using following code int main () { char ch; initscr(); printw("Enter a char :"); ch=getch(); printw("You Entered '%c' ",ch); getch(); endwin(); return 0; } the code does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrUser
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Why icon in status bar is disabled?

Below the list of command to explain the status michelangeli@hp:~$ lspci -nn | grep -i net 02:00.0 Ethernet controller : Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 03) 04:00.0 Network controller : Ralink corp. RT2790 Wireless 802.11n 1T/2R... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelangeli
6 Replies

10. Programming

How to track table status delete/update/insert status in DB2 V10 z/os?

Dear Team I am using DB2 v10 z/os database . Need expert guidance to figure out best way to track table activities ( Ex Delete, Insert,Update ) Scenario We have a table which is critical and many developer/testing team access on daily basis . We had instance where some deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies
curs_memleaks(3X)														 curs_memleaks(3X)

NAME
_nc_freeall _nc_free_and_exit - curses memory-leak checking SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> void _nc_freeall(void); void _nc_free_and_exit(int); DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to simplify analysis of memory leaks in the ncurses library. They are normally not available; they must be con- figured into the library at build time using the --disable-leaks option. That compiles-in code that frees memory that normally would not be freed. Any implementation of curses must not free the memory associated with a screen, since (even after calling endwin), it must be available for use in the next call to refresh. There are also chunks of memory held for performance reasons. That makes it hard to analyze curses ap- plications for memory leaks. To work around this, one can build a debugging version of the ncurses library which frees those chunks which it can, and provides these functions to free all of the memory allocated by the ncurses library. The _nc_free_and_exit function is the preferred one since some of the memory which is freed may be required for the application to continue running. Its parameter is the code to pass to the exit routine. RETURN VALUE
These functions do not return a value. PORTABILITY
These functions are not part of the XSI interface. SEE ALSO
curses(3X). curs_memleaks(3X)