Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Error doing clogin into a wpar Post 303037365 by sandra25350 on Tuesday 30th of July 2019 12:37:45 PM
Old 07-30-2019
Error doing clogin into a wpar

I have this error when I'm trying to do clogin from AIX 7200-00-00-0000 into a wpar with AIX 5.2

Code:
abanksPaDesa2:/> clogin AbanksBDPA_wpar
exec: A file or directory in the path name does not exist

somebody can help me to fix this? I'm restoring the wpar from wpar mksysb not a mksysb from principal Lpar.

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Infrastructure Monitoring

snmpget not working on AIX shared wpar

Hi, I have a shared AIX wpar configured. I have started snmpd process on shared AIX wpar. But when i tried to query a MIB id using the following command /opt/OV/bin/snmpget -d -v 1 -c public -p <hostname> .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.7.0 i get the following error message #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avazeer
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

3. AIX

Unexpected Behaviour with WPAR

Hello, We have a system running AIX 6.1.7.1. We have created a Workload Partition(wpar) on this system with wpar specific routing enabled. On wpar, we are running DNS (UDP/53) and syslog (UDP/514). en0: 1.1.1.1/255.255.255.0 NOT assigned to any wpar en1:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 03sep2011
0 Replies

4. AIX

Virtualization: WPAR vs LPAR

seems to be WPAR is quite easy to set up..without additional licenses.. If I don't need Linux and all my legacy and new apps are happy in AIX 7.1 (the latest OS), I could save all troubles and use WPAR. Can someone comment on this ?? One copy of OS to maintain, so to speak.. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

WPAR monitoring shell script suggestions needed

Hi All, This is for WPAR monitoring shell script, earlier opened thread was closed, had to open a new thread, as suggested I have used script as below, But am trying to get the output in below format, need suggestions with it. Below is the lswpar output, required output format. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LPAR,DLPAR and WPAR

Can anyone please let know difference between LPAR/DLPAR/WPAR. and its purpose ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavithran
3 Replies

7. AIX

Versioned WPAR's

Hi everybody. is anyone using versioned WPAR's? Has anyone clustered them with PowerHA? Please share your experience. Regards, firefox (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox111
7 Replies

8. AIX

Wpar network,i'm confused

Hi. I've setup a wpar on aix mkwpar -h ibmunix2 -i -r -N interface=en0 address=10.6.0.1 netmask=255.255.255.0 -n ibmunix2 When i log into ibmunix2 it can't ping any external host,include the ibm host. How to set route for network please? I've set ibmunix2 with a different subnet. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
7 Replies

9. AIX

How to Load a CICS IPC Kernel Extension in a versioned "rootvg" WPAR ?

Anyone running CICS TX in a WPAR ? In my attempts to run CICS TX 5.1.0.1 in a WPAR..... CICS fails to start due to unable to load a CICS IPC Kernel Extension. The Kernel Extension is 64 bit (so not a 32 vs 64 bit issue). Base system/LPAR is Power8 and AIX 7.1 TL3 SP5. WPAR is versioned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
4 Replies

10. AIX

No iscsi available in newly created AIX wpar

AIX 7.1 New to WPAR, hopefully just missing something simple here. Creating the WPAR like this..... (The box where the WPAR is hosted does have an iscsi protocol device) mkwpar -h wpar08 -l -n wpar08 -N interface=en0 address=xxx.xx.xx.xxx netmask=255.255.255.0 -D devname=/dev/iscsi0 -D... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomR
0 Replies
rancid(1)						      General Commands Manual							 rancid(1)

NAME
rancid - Cisco configuration filter SYNOPSIS
rancid [-dlV] (-f filename | hostname) DESCRIPTION
rancid is a perl(1) script which uses the login scripts (see clogin(1)) to login to a device, execute commands to display the configuration, etc, then filters the output for formatting, security, and so on. rancid's product is a file with the name of it's last argument plus the suffix .new. For example, hostname.new. There are complementary scripts for other platforms and/or manufacturers that are supported by rancid(1). Briefly, these are: agmrancid Cisco Anomaly Guard Module (AGM) arancid Alteon WebOS switches arrancid Arista Networks devices brancid Bay Networks (nortel) cat5rancid Cisco catalyst switches cssrancid Cisco content services switches erancid ADC-kentrox EZ-T3 mux f10rancid Force10 f5rancid F5 BigIPs fnrancid Fortinet Firewalls francid Foundry and HP procurve OEMs of Foundry hrancid HP Procurve Switches htranicd Hitachi Routers jerancid Juniper Networks E-series jrancid Juniper Networks mrancid MRTd mrvrancid MRV optical switches mtrancid Mikrotik routesrs nrancid Netscreen firewalls nsrancid Netscaler nxrancid Cisco Nexus boxes prancid Procket Networks rivrancid Riverstone rrancid Redback srancid SMC switch (some Dell OEMs) trancid Netopia sDSL/T1 routers tntrancid Lucent TNT xrancid Extreme switches xrrancid Cisco IOS-XR boxes zrancid Zebra routing software The command-line options are as follows: -V Prints package name and version strings. -d Display debugging information. -l Display somewhat less debugging information. -f rancid should interpret the next argument as a filename which contains the output it would normally collect from the device ( hostname) with clogin(1). SEE ALSO
control_rancid(1), clogin(1), rancid.conf(5) CAVEATS
Cisco IOS offers a DHCP server that maintains a text database which can be stored remotely or on local storage. If stored locally, the file changes constantly and causes constant diffs from rancid. If this file's name ('ip dhcp database') matches the regex dhcp_[^[:space:].].txt, it will be filtered. For Catalyst switches running CatOS, type cat5, the prompt must end with '>'. clogin(1) looks for '>' to determine when a login is successful. For example: cat5k> cat5k> enable Password: cat5k> (enable) rancid works on Cisco Catalyst 1900 series switches that are running Enterprise Edition software. This software provides a menu at connection time that allows a command line interface to be used by entering 'K' at the prompt. 26 April 2011 rancid(1)