Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers [Tip] Housekeeping Tasks Made Easy - User Home directories and Leftover Files Post 303037285 by Neo on Monday 29th of July 2019 06:19:49 AM
Old 07-29-2019
I run a similar, but different, script like this to scan an enter web file system and check ownership and permissions of each file and directory in that part of the filesystem, as a security measure.

When filesystems are secure, it is difficult for malicious code from the web to write to the file system using flaws in the web code.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch delete specific folder from user home directories

Hi! Need your help. How can I delete the cache folder of multiple user home directories via automatically executed shell script on a Mac OS X Server? Example: The userdata are stored on a Xsan Volume like this: /Volumes/Xsan/userdata/mike /Volumes/Xsan/userdata/peter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nipodrom
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to verify all user home directories are writable only by their owner

Hi, I'm currently working on my school assignment on how to verify that all user home directories are writable only by their owner on Solaris with VMware. But I'm not sure why my codes take a very long time to display the results. My friend says it's the `su - $i -c "ls -ld" 2> /dev/null | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NuuBe
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to verify all user home directories are writable only by their owner

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Need to verify that all user home directories are writable only by their owner on Solaris. The script posted below is workable but it is taking a long time to display the results, and I don't seem to be able to fix it or find any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NuuBe
6 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

i made this tasks. and i need some explenation or just remake my code.

Hello i hope this post is ok! and i hope that i get the point of rules :) i made this tasks by my self but few of them arent working.. and i dont know why!? u think u could help me? to give me some reasons why dont they work.. and remake my code that will work? hope to get answer soon! ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclip
9 Replies

5. Solaris

How to unmount user home directories ??

I've allocated /exports for all user directories by making separate directories under /exports..... :rolleyes: now i need to unmount /exports . But i'm unable to do that.. How can i troubleshoot this issue. Thanks in advance:D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New user to own files made by root?

Hi, when I installed debian 8, all files are created and owned by root, when I add new user, for example marco, he can't create directory or change files created by root. I tried with ftp, permission denied. so, I am interested how to grant to user marco ownership of all files in the system so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanford
5 Replies
bup-ftp(1)						      General Commands Manual							bup-ftp(1)

NAME
bup-web - Start web server to browse bup repositiory SYNOPSIS
bup web [[hostname]:port] DESCRIPTION
bup web starts a web server that can browse bup repositories. The file hierarchy is the same as that shown by bup-fuse(1), bup-ls(1) and bup-ftp(1). hostname and port default to 127.0.0.1 and 8080, respectively, and hence bup web will only offer up the web server to locally running clients. If you'd like to expose the web server to anyone on your network (dangerous!) you can omit the bind address to bind to all avail- able interfaces: :8080. EXAMPLE
$ bup web Serving HTTP on 127.0.0.1:8080... ^C $ bup web :8080 Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0:8080... ^C SEE ALSO
bup-fuse(1), bup-ls(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-restore(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Joe Beda <jbeda@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-ftp(1)