Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need some help regarding file transfer between server (sftp/scp) Post 303037278 by abhi_123 on Monday 29th of July 2019 03:15:17 AM
Old 07-29-2019
Need some help regarding file transfer between server (sftp/scp)

Hi All,

Need some help regarding file transfer between server.

Suppose we have system-A and system-B. To transfer file from system-A to system-B we usually share the
public keys of system-A to system-B and do scp/sftp to transfer a file.

Is it possible that public key of system-B can be shared to system-A, so that the system-A can establish connectivity to system-B via scp/sftp or using jdbc(java).? Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Corrected spelling mistakes.

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 07-29-2019 at 06:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

CRLF during SFTP transfer is appearing only in one server

Hello. I have got 3 unix boxes A B C. Box A is being used to prepare some reports. After the reports generation, Box A sftp the reports to Box B and Box C. When I look at the report in Box B and Box C. The reports are different. In Box B, I see using od -x command there is CRLF (\r\n) at the end... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Missing When Grabbing Files from SFTP Server using SCP Command

Hi, I have this problem where sometimes my files would go missing when I schedule my crontab to run the SCP command to get file from the SFTP server. My crontab will run the scripts at an interval of 3 minutes (between the two scripts) The following is the setting in my crontab. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gingervitus
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp or sftp to Window server

Dear Unix Gurus, I have a question to confirm before I proceed to script my program. I'm currently running on IBM AIX Ver 5.3. I just like to know if it's compatible to use scp or sftp between AIX and Wintel server? I'm trying to scp or sftp a file from AIX to Window server and I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lweegp
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using scp..

Hi Frdz I have a problem like. I need to transfer a file from source to destination (different systems with different IPs) using "scp" command and before transfer the file i have to check the file is available in destination or not, if it is there no need to transfer, otherwise we have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transfer using SCP

I have a shell script which uses SCP command to transfer the files from one server to another server. The files are getting transferred successfully, but the problem is the files transferred to the destination server didnot have the permissions as that of the files on the source server. Command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to transfer files from one server to another

Hello, i have to write a script to perform sftp from the remote server to another server. the files which are at the remote location are huge data log files which should be transfered to my server in a particular folder. could you please provide me the general code (simple )... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urfrnddpk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SFTP and FTP to transfer data from One Remote Server To Another

HI I need to write a script in 415univ server which should go to 534unix server and move the files from there to windows server. I am not able to get it bcoz sftp prompt is not allowing ftp command. Can some one plz help me Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp)

HI, I have to transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp) .Kindly help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manushi88
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

I have 3 AIX server namely - Server 1 , Server 2 and Server 3. And have done SCP setup between Server 1 and Server 2 so that i dont have to give password when i transfer file from Server 1 to Server 2 by setting public key between the server. Q1. If the unix password of the target server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pash
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

On unix AIX server, when I am trying to transfer file from one directory to another directory on the same server through a program(where i call the script) it gives error "Lost Connection". (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pash
5 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD