Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Grep -P does not capture the desired output Post 303037221 by balajesuri on Friday 26th of July 2019 08:55:17 AM
Old 07-26-2019
Code:
grep -P -B 10 -A 9 'Status:                  (?!Clear)' alarm.txt

This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in getting the desired output

I wanted to put "|" this sign at starting and at end of every field but its not working with first field like Currently the out put is : abc | abc | abc | xyz | xyz | xyz | But I want the out put in this form: | abc | abc | abc | | xyz | xyz | xyz | plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get desired output after redirection

hi i am running script which contains the commmnds and i am redirecting the script output to a file. like ./script 1> result.txt 2>&1 the above redirection is not working for commands when run in background in a script. but the problem here result.txt containg output which is repeated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raji
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to grep (say)last-3 and next-3 lines of Desired Pattern

Hi All, OS-Type=Sun-OS 5.8 Sparc9 Processor Can I grep the previous 4 lines and next 4 lines of a matched pattern(context grep)? For example here we need to monitor logs of live traffic.The data obtained from "tail -f LiveTrafficData.log" looks something like this:-... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujan Banerjee
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - output not desired

echo '0x3f 0xfa ae 0xeA' | sed '/0x/ y/abcdef/ABCDEF/' output: 0x3F 0xFA AE 0xEA echo '0x3f 0xfa ae 0xeA' | sed -r '/0x{2}/ y/abcdefg/ABCDEFG/' output: 0x3F 0xFA AE 0xEA my expected output: 0x3F 0xFA ae 0xEA What I want to achieve is change all hexadecimals to UPPER case(only those... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your help to get the output of the list in desired format

Hello Guys, I am working on a script and using the below code to fetch the list of all repositories CHDIR='/mnt/scm/subversion/' repolist() { cd ${CHDIR} Repo=`ls|cut -d " " -f1` echo $Repo } Output of the above code is BSB CIB COB DCI DIB DSB ESB-P ESB-TOOLS FareVerify GCACHE GWY... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to get the desired output

Below is the my cide which is working fine but I am not getting the output indesired format.there is some problem in alignment.Can someone help me to correct this? if ]; then summary=$( echo -e "Please review the log file of auto coloclean utility.\n"; echo -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the desired output and output to a file?

currently I have process from a raw file to this stage ALTER TABLE "EXCEL_ADMIN"."TC_TXN_VOID" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK_TC_TXN_VOID" PRIMARY KEY ("TC_TXN_IID") ALTER TABLE "EXCEL_ADMIN"."TC_TXN_AMT" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK_TC_TXN_AMT" PRIMARY KEY ("TC_TXN_AMT_IID") ALTER TABLE... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!! needed to get the desired output

Am in need of your help to get the desired output. nameSECURITY.SERVICES.CONFIG:GETVALUEisPrefetchedNsAccessLast2013-09-13 10:50:13 MESTsAccessTotal1sRunningcHitLastnamePUBLIC.SERVER:INVOKEisPrefetchedNsAccessLast2013-09-17 15:02:05... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky2013
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output not coming as desired.

Hi guys. I have a file containing some hosts and their IPs. host host1 192.168.2.10 host host2 192.168.2.11 host host3 192.168.2.12 I am writing a script where I want to print these values in 1 line. My script looks like RUNTIME_NODE=`cat hosts.properties | grep host` for i in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pgrep not showing desired output

I am searching for a process that should be up and running. Im using the following command ps -ef | grep elasticsearch to get elastic+ 1673 1 0 Jan29 ? 05:08:56 /bin/java -Xms4g -Xmx4g -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)