Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to put a difference calculation in my awk script ? Post 303037066 by Chubler_XL on Monday 22nd of July 2019 05:10:26 PM
Old 07-22-2019
Another solution using 1 awk

Code:
echo "FRAME: $test"
echo "FRAME : $test "
echo "------------------"

echo ""

awk -F',|;' -v mtch=$test '
function diff(fld,ret) {
  if (p[FNR,fld] && $fld != p[FNR,fld])
     ret= sprintf(" ( %+0.2f)", $fld - p[FNR, fld])
  p[FNR, fld] = $fld
  return $fld ret
}
FNR==1 {
  split(FILENAME ,a,"[-.]")
  print "DATE ========================== : " a[4]
}
$0 ~ mtch {
  print ""
  print "LPARS :" $2
  print "RAM : "   diff(5)
  print "CPU 1 : " diff(6)
  print "CPU 2 : " diff(7)
  print ""
  print ""
}' /var/www/cgi-bin/LPAR_MAP/*

echo '</PRE>'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference calculation

Hi Team, I am currently in the process of writing a script which will take a filename in the format SKADEV.0.db2.NODE0000.CATN0000.20080714231015.001 where the sixth string(with "." as the seperator) is the time stamp of the time of creation of the file. now here is my issue . I need to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Segwar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put the difference of two files in out file

Hello, I have two files file1 & file2 containing both lines (1 word per line). I need to extract the lines that are in file1 and not present in file2 and have the result in output file. i.e : user>cat file1 line1 line2 line3 line4 line5 user>cat file2 line1 line3 line5 The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpromo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculation using awk or shell script in between the numbers

file A E969K D223L E400L E34L file B predicted 3 1 250 251 500 501 1000 The output should be E969K 501 1000 D223L 1 250 E400L 251 500 E34L 1 250 I tried in this way (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script and Commandline difference

Hey there, I just stumbled upon a difference between using awk on the commandline and using it in a shellscript. I have a variable, e.g.: PROG=vim then i want to check if the package with this name is installed: TEMPVAL=$(dpkg -l | awk '{ if ($2 == "$PROG") print $2 }') (Im using... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrSnail
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two CSV files and put the difference in third file with line no,field no and diff value.

I am having two csv files i need to compare these files and the output file should have the information of the differences at the field level. For Example, File 1: A,B,C,D,E,F 1,2,3,4,5,6 File 2: A,C,B,D,E,F 1,2,4,5,5,6 out put file: (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: karingulanagara
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script - redirecting out put based on mapping

Need awk solution. Please advise. inputfile.txt 1,NY, 1111 2,MI, 222 3,NY,333 4,OH,444 5,OH,555 mapping.txt NY NYNY IL ILLINOIS OH OHIO Need to write a code which will compare 2nd column of inputfile.txt with mapping file and redirect output based on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script - getting Time difference using awk

Hi..I have the data in a file like in this format, and I need the output time difference in seconds by using awk command. Start date/time and end date/time given in column 2,3 & 4,5. Please assist how to write shell script. File1.txt JOB1 10/09/2013 17:42:16 10/09/2013 17:43:46 SU 6202685/1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprithvi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to find time difference between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in access.log

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to determine the time gap between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in the HTTP Servers access log. Normally client will do HTTP PUT to push content e.g. file_1.txt and 21 seconds later it will do HTTP DELETE, but sometimes the time varies causing some issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put the command to remove duplicate lines in my awk script?

I create a CGI in bash/html. My awk script looks like : echo "<table>" for fn in /var/www/cgi-bin/LPAR_MAP/*; do echo "<td>" echo "<PRE>" awk -F',|;' -v test="$test" ' NR==1 { split(FILENAME ,a,""); } $0 ~ test { if(!header++){ ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tim2424
12 Replies
BB-REPLOG.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						  BB-REPLOG.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-replog.cgi - CGI program to report service availability log SYNOPSIS
bb-replog.cgi DESCRIPTION
bb-replog.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-replog.sh CGI wrapper. Based on the parameters it receives, it generates an availabil- ity report for a specific host-service combination for the requested time-period. The availability report includes a calculation of the availability percentage (split out on percent green, yellow, red time), and an eventlog for the period listing the status changes that have occurred to allow for drill-down to the test reports that indicate a problem. Access to the individual historical status logs go via the hobbitsvc.cgi(1) CGI script. bb-replog.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the following parameters: HOSTSVC (the host and service to report on) STYLE (report style: "crit", "non-crit", "all") ST (starttime in seconds since 1-1-1970 00:00 UTC) END (endtime in seconds since 1-1-1970 00:00 UTC) The following non-standard parameters are handled by the bbgen version of bb-hist.cgi: IP (IP address of host - for display purposes only) REPORTTIME (the REPORTTIME: setting for this host) WARNPCT (the WARNPCT: setting for this host) The REPORTTIME and WARNPCT options are taken from the bb-hosts(5) definition for the host, or the defaults are used. These modify the availability calculation to handle reporting against agreed Service Level Agreements re. the time of day when the service must be avail- able, and the agreed availability level. OPTIONS
--env=FILENAME Loads environment from FILENAME before executing the CGI. SEE ALSO
bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5), hobbitsvc.cgi(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-REPLOG.CGI(1)