Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Undeletable file
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Undeletable file Post 303036987 by dpontius on Friday 19th of July 2019 11:59:46 AM
Old 07-19-2019
MadeInGermany and hicksd, thank you very much. As advised, I will proceed with extreme caution.

If there are any MacOS experts listening, I'd appreciate your input.

cheers,
dp

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

undeletable file

when i try to ls -lrt the directory, the "undeletable" file is listed. but when i try to ls -lrt *exe, the "undeletable" file is not listed. this "undeletable" is the file that i want to delete from the directory. but when i try to delete/rename/copy.... it, it show that "No such file or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chxxangie
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files.... undeletable.

I've some files created by a script. For some reason last time the script run was interrupted for an error and the files produced by the script are undeletable. i've tryed as root with command 'rm' and even if i got no error in command execution the files are still there. These are the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirrorx
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
pm_trans_check(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					pm_trans_check(9F)

NAME
pm_trans_check - Device power cycle advisory check SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sunddi.h> int pm_trans_check(struct pm_trans_data *datap, time_t *intervalp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) PARAMETERS
datap Pointer to a pm_trans_data structure intervalp Pointer to time difference when next power cycle will be advised DESCRIPTION
The pm_trans_check(9F) function checks if a power-cycle is currently advised based on data in the pm_trans_data structure. This function is provided to prevent damage to devices from excess power cycles; drivers for devices that are sensitive to the number of power cycles should call pm_trans_check(9F) from their power(9E) function before powering-off a device. If pm_trans_check(9F) indicates that the device should not be power cycled, the driver should not attempt to power cycle the device and should fail the call to power(9E) entry point. If pm_trans_check(9F) returns that it is not advised to power cycle the device, it attempts to calculate when the next power cycle is advised, based on the supplied parameters. In such case, intervalp returns the time difference (in seconds) from the current time to when the next power cycle is advised. If the time for the next power cycle cannot be determined, intervalp indicates 0. To avoid excessive calls to the power(9E) entry point during a period when power cycling is not advised, the driver should mark the corre- sponding device component busy for the intervalp time period (if interval is not 0). Conveniently, the driver can utilize the fact that calls to pm_busy_component(9F) are stacked. If power cycling is not advised, the driver can call pm_busy_component(9F) and issue a timeout(9F) for the intervalp time. The timeout() handler can issue the corresponding pm_idle_component(9F) call. When the format field of pm_trans_data is set to DC_SCSI_FORMAT, the caller must provide valid data in svc_date[], lifemax, and ncycles. Currently, flag must be set to 0. struct pm_scsi_cycles { int lifemax; /* lifetime max power cycles */ int ncycles; /* number of cycles so far */ char svc_date[DC_SCSI_MFR_LEN]; /* service date YYYYWW */ int flag; /* reserved for future */ }; struct pm_trans_data { int format; /* data format */ union { struct pm_scsi_cycles scsi_cycles; } un; }; RETURN VALUES
"small and bold">Power cycle is advised 0 Power cycle is not advised -1 Error due to invalid argument. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
power.conf(4), attributes(5), power(9E) Writing Device Drivers Using Power Management SunOS 5.10 16 Oct 1999 pm_trans_check(9F)