Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Undeletable file
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Undeletable file Post 303036983 by Corona688 on Friday 19th of July 2019 11:26:00 AM
Old 07-19-2019
If find doesn't work, no other user-mode application is going to work. The filename is invalid and the kernel refuses to touch it. You need a disk editor.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

undeletable file

when i try to ls -lrt the directory, the "undeletable" file is listed. but when i try to ls -lrt *exe, the "undeletable" file is not listed. this "undeletable" is the file that i want to delete from the directory. but when i try to delete/rename/copy.... it, it show that "No such file or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chxxangie
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files.... undeletable.

I've some files created by a script. For some reason last time the script run was interrupted for an error and the files produced by the script are undeletable. i've tryed as root with command 'rm' and even if i got no error in command execution the files are still there. These are the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirrorx
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
VI(1)							      General Commands Manual							     VI(1)

NAME
vi - screen oriented (visual) display editor based on ex SYNOPSIS
vi [ -t tag ] [ -r ] [ +command ] [ -l ] [ -wn ] name ... DESCRIPTION
Vi (visual) is a display oriented text editor based on ex(1). Ex and vi run the same code; it is possible to get to the command mode of ex from within vi and vice-versa. The Vi Quick Reference card and the Introduction to Display Editing with Vi provide full details on using vi. FILES
See ex(1). SEE ALSO
ex (1), edit (1), ``Vi Quick Reference'' card, ``An Introduction to Display Editing with Vi''. AUTHOR
William Joy Mark Horton added macros to visual mode and is maintaining version 3 BUGS
Software tabs using ^T work only immediately after the autoindent. Left and right shifts on intelligent terminals don't make use of insert and delete character operations in the terminal. The wrapmargin option can be fooled since it looks at output columns when blanks are typed. If a long word passes through the margin and onto the next line without a break, then the line won't be broken. Insert/delete within a line can be slow if tabs are present on intelligent terminals, since the terminals need help in doing this cor- rectly. Saving text on deletes in the named buffers is somewhat inefficient. The source command does not work when executed as :source; there is no way to use the :append, :change, and :insert commands, since it is not possible to give more than one line of input to a : escape. To use these on a :global you must Q to ex command mode, execute them, and then reenter the screen editor with vi or open. 3rd Berkeley Distribution April 29, 1985 VI(1)