Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris 10 & 11 ZFS Space Monitoring Post 303036972 by MadeInGermany on Friday 19th of July 2019 09:56:04 AM
Old 07-19-2019
Where is the promised command?

I think df -kF zfs might do it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space Monitoring option

thrld=`bdf /u01/|grep u01|awk {'print $5'}|sed 's/'%'//'` thrld1=`bdf /u12/|grep u02|awk {'print $5'}|sed 's/'%'//'` ch="" echo "------------------" echo " " echo "------------------" echo "1)/u01" echo "2)/u12" echo " Please select : \c" read ch case "$ch" in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Allocating space to ufs /usr by using ZFS in solaris

Hi, Im currently having my diskspace allocation of my UFS filesystem in solris as 100% for /usr directory.I have created a zfs pool of 3 gb.I want to allocate space from my zfs pool to /usr so that i can free space in /usr.Please help me it is quiet urgent. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ZFS file system - memory monitoring

I am working on a server where the 'root' user ZFS filesystem. Now when I do Top commands it says only 750M free .But when I count the actual memory utilized it comes only to 12 GB and the total size of the server is 32G. I think rest of the space is held up by ZFS file system. Is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
5 Replies

4. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Setting up Solaris & ZFS for the first time

Hello All I’ve made the decision to switch my storage server from FreeNAS to Solaris. I opted to use FreeNAS as it has ZFS and until BTRFS is stable, it’s the best option (IMHO) for backup and network storage. The switch was facilitated by the USB stick that FreeNAS was on got lost during a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlueDalek
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Need help to understand zfs rpool space allocation

Hi, I am unable to understand that, in one of my servers while df -kh Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-2 98G 11G 29G 29% / Even the Root FS filled on 40gb and system becomes unstable. it is showing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Zfs out of disk space

hi, have no a lot of experience with zfs so perhaps the question is quite simple but i didn't find any reasonable info how to resolve it. thus, fresh solaris installation 14GB in 86 files copied after that got msg No space left on device (28) in spite of according to stat there is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bindto
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Understanding ZFS Snapshots - why will it utilize space ?

Hi all, I am moving to Solaris11 and is trying to understand how ZFS snapshot works. Chances upon this Oracle Blog and can't wrap my head around it. https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris/understanding-the-space-used-by-zfs-v2 Hope gurus here can shed some light . ======= ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)