Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Undeletable file
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Undeletable file Post 303036949 by hicksd8 on Thursday 18th of July 2019 03:12:34 PM
Old 07-18-2019
Oh, it's in a folder by itself. Okay then, how about (from the directory above):

Code:
# rm -rf <directory name>

That is use -r (for recursive) and -f (for force)

What does that do using the nuclear options?

Last edited by hicksd8; 07-18-2019 at 04:18 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

undeletable file

when i try to ls -lrt the directory, the "undeletable" file is listed. but when i try to ls -lrt *exe, the "undeletable" file is not listed. this "undeletable" is the file that i want to delete from the directory. but when i try to delete/rename/copy.... it, it show that "No such file or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chxxangie
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files.... undeletable.

I've some files created by a script. For some reason last time the script run was interrupted for an error and the files produced by the script are undeletable. i've tryed as root with command 'rm' and even if i got no error in command execution the files are still there. These are the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirrorx
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
term::send(n)							 Terminal control						     term::send(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::send - General output to terminals SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::send ?0.1? ::term::send::wrch chan str ::term::send::wr str _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides the most primitive commands for sending characters to a terminal. They are in essence convenient wrappers around the builtin command puts. ::term::send::wrch chan str Send the text str to the channel specified by the handle chan. In contrast to the builtin command puts this command does not termi- nate the string with a line terminator. It also forces an flush of Tcl internal and OS buffers to ensure that the characters are processed immediately. ::term::send::wr str This convenience command is like ::term::send::wrch, except that the destination channel is fixed to stdout. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
character output, control, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::send(n)