Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Undeletable file
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Undeletable file Post 303036945 by wisecracker on Thursday 18th of July 2019 01:23:59 PM
Old 07-18-2019
Hi...

On inspection the two NULL characters that you have shown us are unicode when hexdumped:
Code:
Last login: Thu Jul 18 16:34:33 on console
AMIGA:amiga~> hexdump -C <<< "␀␀Word Finder® Plus™"
00000000  e2 90 80 e2 90 80 57 6f  72 64 20 46 69 6e 64 65  |......Word Finde|
00000010  72 c2 ae 20 50 6c 75 73  e2 84 a2 0a              |r.. Plus....|
0000001c
AMIGA:amiga~> _

Have you tried the GUI dragging the file to the 'Trash' from within Finder, then clearing the Trash?
How about using single quotes instead of double?
How about mv '␀␀Word Finder® Plus™' /tmp/testname in single quotes and let the system remove it during reboot.
Are all the relevant permissions set for YOU to read and write from and to the file?
Remember any of these could cause problems so be very aware.
And finally are you absolutely sure you have the FULL filename and not missing, say, trailing spaces(s)?
That is all I can think of so far...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

undeletable file

when i try to ls -lrt the directory, the "undeletable" file is listed. but when i try to ls -lrt *exe, the "undeletable" file is not listed. this "undeletable" is the file that i want to delete from the directory. but when i try to delete/rename/copy.... it, it show that "No such file or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chxxangie
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files.... undeletable.

I've some files created by a script. For some reason last time the script run was interrupted for an error and the files produced by the script are undeletable. i've tryed as root with command 'rm' and even if i got no error in command execution the files are still there. These are the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirrorx
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
term::receive(n)						 Terminal control						  term::receive(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::receive - General input from terminals SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::receive ?0.1? ::term::receive::getch ?chan? ::term::receive::listen cmd ?chan? cmd process string cmd eof ::term::receive::unlisten ?chan? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides the most primitive commands for receiving characters to a terminal. They are in essence convenient wrappers around the builtin commands read and fileevent. ::term::receive::getch ?chan? This command reads a single character from the channel with handle chan and returns it as the result of the command. If not specified chan defaults to stdin. It is the responsibility of the caller to make sure that the channel can provide single characters. On unix this can be done, for example, by using the command of package term::ansi::ctrl::unix. ::term::receive::listen cmd ?chan? This command sets up a filevent listener for the channel with handle chan and invokes the command prefix cmd whenever characters have been received, or EOF was reached. If not specified chan defaults to stdin. The signature of the command prefix is cmd process string This method is invoked when characters were received, and string holds them for processing. cmd eof This method is invoked when EOF was reached on the channel we listen on. It will be the last call to be received by the callback. ::term::receive::unlisten ?chan? This command disables the filevent listener for the channel with handle chan. If not specified chan defaults to stdin. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
character input, control, get character, listener, receiver, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::receive(n)