Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris T5-4 Bootloop with 11.4 Boot Environment Post 303036902 by samthewildone on Tuesday 16th of July 2019 07:05:49 PM
Old 07-16-2019
The problem was figured out.

The original boot environment was not clean itself. When a new boot environment was created,
it came with all the previous issues with the original. We've got a lot of work to do.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding to boot-up environment

During the boot-up process *nix runs scripts linked into the runlevel directories rc#.d. What I'm wondering is, how do I control the environment that those scripts see? I need to set a couple environment variables, and I can NOT do it from within the scripts because it poses a maintenance nightmare... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Messed up my boot environment or root profile

Ok, a couple weeks ago I was fixing a cron report about perl not happy with 'locale' info (LANG and LC not set). As a result, I was experimenting with setting the correct 'locale' in several areas (like /etc/sysconfig/i18n and who knows where). Somehow after a reboot, as soon as the OS starts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garball
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Update single zone in alternate boot environment.

I 'm having a weired situation my system has 8 zones, running fine on solaris x86_u4. I installed the live upgrade bundle patch and did a live upgrade. The new BE was created but it missed one of the zone and now if i mount the new BE i do not see that zone in the environment so my question is how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris live upgrade on Active boot environment

Hi, Is it possible to perform an luupgrade on the active boot environment in Solaris? I want to perform this on BEAlpha - the disk that has BEOmega will be unavailable whilst performing the upgrade but I still want to install the patches using luupgrade. Boot Environment Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Webster
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Restoring to previous Boot Environment

Hi all, I'm fairly new to Solaris and am just getting to grips with using LU (Live Upgrade) for OS patching purposes. worcester#uname -a SunOS worcester 5.10 Generic_144488-12 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220I have successfully created and patched a new BE (boot environment) using the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polo_mint4
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Automating old Boot Environment Cleanup Solaris 11

I'm trying to automate the patching process using scripts and cronjobs in Solaris 11. one of the things I'd like to do is cleanup the old boot environments. unfortunately beadm destroy requires a response :~$ pfexec beadm destroy -f solaris-13 Are you sure you want to destroy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Lucreate Fails to Create Boot Environment;

My OS solarius 5.10 Generic_147148-2 i86 Error: please review new boots environments using options 1. Solution - show me the commands Partition is full, try to remove some unneeded files, then try to compress some other unneeded files. man command creates a temp file under... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to remove pkg from zone in newly created boot environment?

fyi, I already have SR opened with Oracle. We are looking to upgrade from S11.3 to S11.4 with the latest SRU. Create new BE; success Mount new BE; success pkg -R /mnt update the updating of the global went fine until it touched local zone. pkg: update failed (linked image... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
2 Replies
BOOTCTL(1)							      bootctl								BOOTCTL(1)

NAME
bootctl - Control the firmware and boot manager settings SYNOPSIS
bootctl [OPTIONS...] status bootctl [OPTIONS...] list bootctl [OPTIONS...] update bootctl [OPTIONS...] install bootctl [OPTIONS...] remove DESCRIPTION
bootctl checks, updates, installs or removes the boot loader from the current system. bootctl status checks and prints the currently installed versions of the boot loader binaries and all current EFI boot variables. bootctl list displays all configured boot loader entries. bootctl update updates all installed versions of systemd-boot, if the current version is newer than the version installed in the EFI system partition. This also includes the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created if there is no current entry. The created entry will be added to the end of the boot order list. bootctl install installs systemd-boot into the EFI system partition. A copy of systemd-boot will be stored as the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created and added to the top of the boot order list. bootctl remove removes all installed versions of systemd-boot from the EFI system partition, and removes systemd-boot from the EFI boot variables. If no command is passed, status is implied. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --path= Path to the EFI System Partition (ESP). If not specified, /efi, /boot, and /boot/efi are checked in turn. It is recommended to mount the ESP to /boot, if possible. -p, --print-path This option modifies the behaviour of status. Just print the path to the EFI System Partition (ESP) to standard output and exit. --no-variables Do not touch the EFI boot variables. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
Boot loader specification[1] systemd boot loader interface[2] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec 2. systemd boot loader interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/BootLoaderInterface systemd 237 BOOTCTL(1)