Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change 2 values in 2 different lines Post 303036707 by API on Monday 8th of July 2019 11:50:44 AM
Old 07-08-2019
Tx for this answer. I will check this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the Values in a file

I have a data file. I want to write a shell script that reads a data file and reads position 19 thru 24. if the data in those fields is 002006, than it should change it to 002007. example: hello world hello 002006 hello world hello world hello world hello 002005 hello world hello world... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I change the values in a file?

TRASH_PATH:~/deleted/ MAX_VERSIONS:5 FILE_MAX_SIZE:1024 FOLDER_MAX_SIZE:8096 TRASH_MAX_SIZE:1024 LOG_MAX_SIZE:100 how do i change the value of TRASH_MAX_SIZE to 2040 using the script? the filename is config.ini please advice Use code tags, ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: classic
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to change values in datafiles

Hi all, Let say I have 2 files, 1 is source file and another is destination file. Source file contains the following : Kitten Dogs Donkey Chicken Turkey And destination file contains : Kitten, 0 Dogs, 0 Donkey, 0 Chicken, 0 Turkey, 0 Kitten, 0 Dogs, 0 Donkey, 0 (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change values in datafile from source file

Hi all, I have this source file source.txt : hdrEthernetSwitch1IPAddress 112.13.9.34 hdrEthernetSwitch2IPAddress 112.13.8.245 noOfRevASLAvailable 8000 noOfRevASLInUse 122 maxDOSPayload 7777 pcmdEvdoRUM Enabled pcmdEvdoFlow Enabled And I have this datafile to be modified : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding change in values

I have an array X = ( -100 -90 -80 -70 -60 -50 -40 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 ) I want to find the place where values change from negative to positive. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change nice values of a queue

Hello Guys I need your suggestions for the below We have few unix jobs running in different queues Is there any way I can manage which jobs goes to which queue and to change their nice value as well Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change certain values in a file

Hi all, i need help to replace certain values in a file. I need the script to check and match the ID and exNum1. if match, values in $3 (file2.txt) need to replace the value for 'START' (file1.txt) for each match. The sample structure is like this:- File1.txt ID P_6 START ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change values in .conf file with a script

This is my first time posting here...so be gentle. Suppose I have a test.conf file that contains a value such as a IP. I would like to be able to use the Dialog Utility in Linux to allow me to enter the new IP in a Dialog form...and the results get saved into the test.conf file in the place... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: calahanp
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to change values after a specific string

Hello I have a script that searches a file for a specific string and then changes the nth column after that string. I have searched online for how to do this with sed but have not seemed to find a solution that works for me. I am using bash. Some background info: - Currently I am using awk to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigious8
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change values in xml file?

I have xml file like below, i want change the values at default-value place of each argument name using shell script. like where argument name= protocol and default-value=tcp, where argument name =port and default-value= 7223, where argument name = username and default-value=test, example ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1s2s3s4
12 Replies
FAXANSWER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      FAXANSWER(8)

NAME
faxanswer - tell a HylaFAX server to answer the telephone SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxanswer [ -q queue-dir ] [ -h how ] modem DESCRIPTION
faxanswer sends a message to the HylaFAX faxgetty(8) process servicing modem telling it to answer the telephone. This is useful, for exam- ple, when a modem is used on a shared phone line and the server is configured to not normally answer the phone. The specified modem can either be the name (typically the last component of the terminal port the modem is attached to), or the full name of the associated FIFO named pipe file, e.g. ``FIFO.ttym2''. OPTIONS
-q dir Use a spooling area other than /var/spool/hylafax. -h Specify exactly how the phone should be answered. By default, the server process is instructed to answer the phone and accept any kind of call (voice, data, fax). Discrimination of the type of call is dependent on a modem's adaptive-answer support. The -h option can be used to force the server to answer the phone for particular type of call: one of fax, data, voice, any, extern (to force faxgetty to invoke an external application to to handle the call), or dialX (where X is a dialstring to dial before initiating a fax reception). If using dialX, the specified dialstring will likely need to end with a semicolon (``;''). FILES
/var/spool/hylafax default spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/FIFO fifo for contacting faxq Consult hylafax-server(5) for a complete discussion of the structure and content of the spooling area. SEE ALSO
hylafax-server(5), faxgetty(8) May 23, 1996 FAXANSWER(8)