Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How do I extract specific column in multiple csv files? Post 303036588 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 3rd of July 2019 10:55:17 PM
Old 07-03-2019
Just using standard shell features, one could also try:
Code:
' SRCH="Curr ART" OFS=, file[1-9] file1[0-9] file2[0-4]

or, assuming that there aren't any other filexx files where xx are decimal digits:
Code:
' SRCH="Curr ART" OFS=, file[1-9] file[12][0-9]

or, if there aren't any other files with names starting with file:
Code:
' SRCH="Curr ART" OFS=, file? file??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract csv based on column value

Hi I have a csv file which is below A,5 B,6 C,10 D,7 I want the values who's second column is greater than 7 say C,10 D,7 Help me please... Thanks, Maruth (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthavanan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract one column from csv file in perl?

Hi everyone, i am new to perl programming, i have a problem in extracting single column from csv file. the column is the 20th column, please help me.. at present i use this code #!C:/perl/bin use warnings; use strict; my $file1 = $ARGV; open FILE1, "<$file1" or die "Can't... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvth
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Multiple text or csv files column-wise

Hi All I am trying to combine columns from multiple text files into a single file using paste command but the record length being unequal in the different files the data is running over to the closest empty cell on the left. Please see below. What can i do to resolve this ? File 1 File... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky_ibm
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

averaging specific column of multiple files

Hi all, I'm needing help again on scripting. I have weekly files with 3 columns, and I need to do monthly averaging on the values on column 3, the file naming convention is as follows: 20000105.u- 2000:year 01:month 05:day 20000112.u 20000119.u 20000126.u 20000202.u 20020209.u I need to... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Single Column into Multiple rows, but with strings to specific tab column

Dear fellows, I need your help. I'm trying to write a script to convert a single column into multiple rows. But it need to recognize the beginning of the string and set it to its specific Column number. Each Line (loop) begins with digit (RANGE). At this moment it's kind of working, but it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insterting column in csv from multiple files

Hello, I have a spec file that contains a lot of strings that looks like this: PC DELL OptiPlex 3010MT i3 3220/2GB/500GB/DVD-RW/FREE DOS / 5Y NBD Intel i3 3220 (Dual Core, 3.30GHz, 3MB, w/ HD2500 Graphics), 2GB (1x2GB) DDR3 PC3-1600MHz, 500GB HDD SATA III 7200rpm, DVD+/-RW (16x),... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: g9100
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print multiple specific column after a specific word?

Hello.... Pls help me (and sorry my english) :) So I have a file (test.txt) with 1 long line.... for example: isgc jsfh udgf osff 8462 error iwzr 653 idchisfb isfbisfb sihfjfeb isfhsi gcz eifh How to print after the "error" word the 2nd 4th 5th and 7th word?? output well be: 653 isfbisfb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marvinandco
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum values of specific column in multiple files, considering ranges defined in another file

I have a file (let say file B) like this: File B: A1 3 5 A1 7 9 A2 2 5 A3 1 3 The first column defines a filename and the other two define a range in that specific file. In the same directory, I have also three more files (File A1, A2 and A3). Here is 10 sample lines... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bastami
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from specific rows and columns from multiple csv files

I have a series of csv files in the following format eg file1 Experiment Name,XYZ_07/28/15, Specimen Name,Specimen_001, Tube Name, Control, Record Date,7/28/2015 14:50, $OP,XYZYZ, GUID,abc, Population,#Events,%Parent All Events,10500, P1,10071,95.9 Early Apoptosis,1113,11.1 Late... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row bind multiple csv files having different column headers

All, I guess by this time someone asked this kind of question, but sorry I am unable to find after a deep search. Here is my request I have many files out of which 2 sample files provided below. File-1 (with A,B as column headers) A,B 1,2 File-2 (with C, D as column headers) C,D 4,5 I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)