Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cron job scheduled is running once, but reports are generating twice Post 303036366 by hicksd8 on Monday 24th of June 2019 07:38:42 AM
Old 06-24-2019
So check the cron script itself to ensure that some editing session hasn't put in duplicate lines.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to implement cron job to run my reports dynamically?

How to implement cron job. Ex: I need to run SQR reports dynamically by using cron job. How can I implement cron job in shell.. If any one is having sample script in any shell that would be great help to me. Thanks Siva (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siva
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional File Movement script scheduled using CRON job

Hi All, i am trying to automate a process and have to create a unix script like wise. I have a scenario in which i need to automate a file movement. Below are the steps i need to automate. 1. Check whether a file (Not Fixed name-Pattern search of file say 'E*.dat') is present in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imu
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Cron Job Not Running

Hi, I have a cron schedule like this 04,16,28,40,52 * * * * /nag/startProcessABatch (unix script) i want to add new lines in this file (like Logging), i just copy this file into a /tmp folder (for backup copy), and i have edited this file (added few lines of code for logging). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem when the script is scheduled to run as cron job

Hello, I have problem in executing a shell script. When the shell script is executed at the shell prompt the script works successfully but when the same script is run as a cron job it fails to execute the files called within the shell script. I have scheduled the job in my crontab file as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumthreads
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job not running

Hi All, I am editing crontab using -e option to add a new job Below is the line 30 * * * * scriptpath This job is not executing every thirty minutes. I have checked, cron daemon is running. What did I miss? Can some one help? I am using cron shell..ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yabhi_22
7 Replies

6. Programming

Oracle Scheduled job not running as per schedule.

Hi, Though this is a unix forum mainly, am posting this oracle query here hoping to get a resolution. I have set up two scheduled jobs in oracle 11g for executiong a procedure in specific time intervals. One as Hourly and other as minutely. But the scheduled jobs are not running as per... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron job is not running

Hi, I have set up the crontab as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # crontab -l 0-59 * * * * /var/tmp/r.sh 0-59 * * * * date >> /var/tmp/log root@IDC4VASAPP07 # r.sh is as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # cat r.sh #!/bin/bash dt1=$(perl -e 'use POSIX;print strftime... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
10 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cron Jobs not running at scheduled time

I've scheduled few jobs using cron. But they are not running ..... What might be the possible reasons ?? Also tell me how to troubleshoot............. Please help me ....... Thanks in Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduled job not running automatically in crontab

i have a job scheduled in crontab. The problem is, it is not running automatically as per the time scheduled. But runs when executed manually. What would be the problem? Help me with this please. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santhosh CJ
6 Replies
queuedefs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - Queue description file for at, batch, and cron commands DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron or specifies other characteristics for cron. Each noncom- ment line in this file describes either one queue or a cron characteristic. Each uncommented line should be in one of the following for- mats. q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] max_jobs=mjobs log=lcode The fields in these lines are as follows: The name of the queue. Defined queues are as follows: The default queue for jobs started by at The default queue for jobs started by batch The default queue for jobs run from a crontab file Queues d to z are also available for local use. The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in the queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run. The others will be initiated as currently running jobs ter- minate. The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in the queue that are not run with a user ID of superuser. The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing (max_jobs) has been reached. The maximum number of active jobs from all queues that may run at any one time. The default is 25 jobs. Logging level of messages sent to a log file. The default is 4. Defined levels are as follows: level-code level 0 None 1 Low 2 Medium 3 High 4 Full Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following file specifies that the b queue, for batch jobs, can have up to 50 jobs running simultaneously; that those jobs will be run with a nice value of 20. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. b.50j20n60w The following file specifies that a total of 25 active jobs will be allowed by cron over all the queues at any one time, and cron will log all messages to the log file. The last two lines are comments that are ignored. max_jobs=25 log=4 # This is a comment # And so is this FILES
Main cron directory The default location for the queue description file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), cron(8), crontab(1), nice(1) delim off queuedefs(4)