Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Top Cybersecurity Threats Earth Year 2019 | You Have Been Warned! Post 303036354 by Neo on Monday 24th of June 2019 05:01:27 AM
Old 06-24-2019
Update:

Just got off the phone with my video partner expert (and critic who tells me straight based on working in the video publishing field) and he said he loved the rock theme much more than the first sound track.

He thought the rock theme was almost perfect and it was uplifting and so it helped lift up the viewer because the message was not uplifting (threats, cybersecurity); so in a nutshell... it's always like this in life .... right a paper, create a video, write a song, some people will love it, others not some much.

I remember when I published my first IEEE paper a long time ago (nearly 3 decades ago). There were 5 reviewers in a double-blind review. The first review came back and he hated my paper. "Definitely do not publish" he said. I was crushed.

My editor at IEEE said "do not think too much or fret over a single review, wait for them all".... I had no idea what was coming...

The second review came back a few weeks later ... "MUST PUBLISH... this is one of the most refreshing papers I have read in years. Must Publish!"......

At that point in my life, decades ago, I began to learn a lesson that has never been forgotten in my life; and I have learned this lesson countless times over and over the years.

In life when we do things; write papers, code, songs, videos, ... whatever we create, we will get a different opinion from everyone who reviews it. Some will hate it, some will love it, some could not "care less"; but at the end of the day, listen to each reviewer and commenter without emotion or strong feelings either way, and then we decide what to do based on our instincts, as the creator.

That IEEE paper above went on to be nominated for the IEEE Network "Paper of the Year" but it did not win. That's a long way from "DO NOT PUBLISH THIS TRASH" by one reviewer to being nominated for the "Paper of the Year" by IEEE.

In the case of this cybersecurity threats 2019 video;
  1. Wise wrote "NO ROCK background music"... which was his valid and good opinion, and I respect and appreciate it.
  2. My video partner commented "Loved the rock theme much better, it was much better than the first sound track by far. Uplifting for a serious message."
  3. A friend of mine commented the same, he loved the rock theme, he just wished I gave him more time to read each segment. (I joked with him to hit "pause", LOL)

This is life. This should be a lesson to all who read this post.

Listen to everyone's ideas and opinions, but at the "end of the day", after listening to your friends, advisors, critics and others, do what your instincts tell you, the creator, to do.

It is impossible to please everyone, so "in the end" you must please yourself.

Everyone's opinions counts and is worthy of consideration and respect; but "in the end", do what you think is best in your heart.

For me, that video is "done" and I'm going to create a new one soon, but I plan to slow down the intervals when there is a lot of text to read Smilie In the case of this video "cybersecurity threats 2019" the consensus seems to be that adding 2-3 seconds to each of the five message segments would have added only 15 seconds to the video length and it would have been a bit better; but there is no reason to re-render this one. Learn and go on to the next one.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

The Top Ten Cybersecurity Threats for 2009 - Draft for Comments

Following up on my 2008 list of top cybersecurity threats, I have just published The Top Ten Cybersecurity Threats for 2009 for public comments. If you are interested in cybersecurity threats, kindly email your suggestions or comments directly to me (tim dot silkroad at gmail dot com).  I will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Exactly 1 year ago today, 18-09-2019...

This is mainly for Corona688, today's date 18-09-2019. Remember from little acorns big trees grow a few months ago? Well this is well on the way to 1000+ dls by the end of the year... AMINET from its inception in 1992 is accessed by very, very many and the AMIGA is still loved by millions. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Moderator of the Year 2019 Award Announcement Only

Dear All, We are happy to post that I will be announcing soon my award for "Moderator of the Year 2019". This is a new award which I plan to announce in December of each year, starting this year (2019). The prizes will be (still working out the details): A Moderator of the Year... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
avimerge(1)						      General Commands Manual						       avimerge(1)

NAME
avimerge - merge several AVI-files into one SYNOPSIS
avimerge -o name -i file1 [ file2 [ ... ] ] [ -p file ] [ -a num ] [ -A num ] [ -b num ] [ -c ] [ -f commentfile ] [ -x indexfile ] COPYRIGHT
avimerge is Copyright (C) by Thomas Oestreich. DESCRIPTION
avimerge is a versatile tool. It can contatenate several AVI files into one. It can also be used to fix an index of a broken file and can also replace audio tracks or muxes new ones. It can read raw AC3 and MP3 files for multplexing. OPTIONS
-o name Specify the name of the output file. -i file Specify the name(s) of the input file(s) to merge into the output file. -p file Specify the name of the audio file to multiplex into the output file. The type of file can be either another AVI file or an MP3 or AC3 file. -b num Specify if avimerge should write an VBR mp3 header into the AVI file. Default is dependent on the input file (and usually correct). num is either 1 or 0. -c Drop video frames in case audio is missing [off] Only when merging multiple AVI files. Some AVI files run a little bit (usually for one or two video frames) short on audio. This means avimerge cannot keep up sync when concatinating them. The files play fine when played individually but not when merged because audio from the new file gets played back with video from the old file. avimerge will print a message like No audiodata left for track 0->0 (59950.25=59950.25) continuing .. When you turn on the -c option, the video which is too much will be dropped. -f commentfile Read AVI tombstone data for header comments from commentfile. See /docs/avi_comments.txt for a sample. -x indexfile Read the AVI index from indexfile. See aviindex(1) for information on how to create such a file. -a num Specify the number of the audio track you want to use from the input file. -A num Specify the number of the audio track you want to use in the output file. If you specify an existing track number, the track will be replaced. If omitted, the next free slot will be used. EXAMPLES
The command avimerge -o big.avi -i my_file1.avi my_file2.avi my_file3.avi merges the three input files my_file[123].avi into one big AVI-file big.avi. avimerge -o out.avi -i in.avi -p audio2.avi -a 1 merges track number 1 form in.avi to the next free track number in out.avi. You can create audio-only AVI-files using transcode -i song.mp3 -x null,mp3 -g 0x0 -y raw -a 1 -o audio2.avi -u 50 The command avimerge -o out.avi -i in.avi -p sound.mp3 merges the file sound.mp3 as an additional audio track into out.avi. AUTHORS
avimerge was written by Thomas Oestreich <ostreich@theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de> with contributions from many others. See AUTHORS for details. SEE ALSO
aviindex(1), avifix(1), avisplit(1), tccat(1), tcdecode(1), tcdemux(1), tcextract(1), tcprobe(1), tcscan(1), transcode(1) avimerge(1) 26th January 2004 avimerge(1)