Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need ksh in cygwin
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need ksh in cygwin Post 303036331 by wisecracker on Sunday 23rd of June 2019 09:52:25 AM
Old 06-23-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
The default shell in brand new cygwin is dash. That is what you have unless you've changed it to bash. Because: The newest version of Korn shell is not in the public domain.
When did the default shell become 'dash'?
I have searched the official CygWin site and can find nothing on it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have cygwin software on my machine. can i practice shell script on that software or not? thanks sam71 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have software CYGWIN . Can i practice for shell script on that? Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X

I have managed a successful install of Cygwin (after a few tries), and like any sensible person am ignoring the console in favour of the xconsole. I have this set up how I want - tcsh, all hot-keys (including ^z for suspend) and et cetera, but find it awfully slow. Are there any good... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulgura
7 Replies

4. Linux

cygwin

I'm trying to run the make command in cygwin. The directory is d:\resiprocate-1.2.3\resip\dum\test. But the command outputs: cant open perl script "c:\Program": No such file or directory why??...check the attached JPEG file....plz help (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_well
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin - sh-3.2$ help!

i am completely new to unix and am trying to learn with cygwin. my problem is simple.... when i use the 'man' command, eg 'man cat' id do not know how to get out of the manual!!!? if i type '!' and Return, rather than having just the $ prompt, it has 'sh-3.2$' as a command prompt.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby999
1 Replies

6. Programming

cygwin

hello ... i am new with cygwin ... and i want you to help me. ... First of all, i want to determine the steady state stream function in a 2-D duct using a square mesh by using the finite-difference methodology and i want to simulate it....and i read a lot of information at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mostafamagdy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone else use Cygwin?

I started to gather some stats from our windows servers through the use of cygwin and sshd :) is anyone else doing this sort of thing? interested in some other indicators I should be checking for... thanks, manny the following is only an example of the type of data I am able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh for cygwin

i am a newbie to unix. I installed cygwin in my windows vista. the terminal has bash as default. I need to work on ksh. the /usr/bin has no vi, clear or any of the ksh commands, Please tel me the exact link from where i can download vi editor. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scaleheights89
4 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)