Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to find Error: rpmdb open failed on list of servers Post 303036266 by MadeInGermany on Friday 21st of June 2019 05:55:57 AM
Old 06-21-2019
You can use a for loop and process substitution and some descriptor magic:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for server in server1 server2
do
  ssh -x "$server" '
    echo "hello I am on `hostname`"
    sudo yum update infolist
  ' 2> >(sed "s/^/$server: /" >&3)
done 3>stderr

The stderr output goes to the file stderr, filtered by sed.
The sed prepends $server: to every stderr line. It can also prepend it once:
Code:
for server in server1 server2
do
  ssh -x "$server" '
    echo "hello I am on `hostname`"
    sudo yum update infolist
  ' 2> >(sed "1i\\
$server:" >&3)
done 3>stderr

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to open output file Error

Hi guys, I Have written a script,In that it will call another file which contains the sql quaries. while wxecuting that I am getting the below exception 01/16|06:28:06:16800: Operating System Error|Failed to open output file Can anybody help me about this,,Its urgent (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Error: 13192.sumr: 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file.

Hello, i am familiar enough with unix to do some damage but thats about it. We have a set of RS/6000 43P Model 150's running AIX for our Catia V4 programmers. back in the 90's a script was written to automate the conversion of files into machine code. that script has started giving us... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgruenwald
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet script to test open ports on mult servers

Hello All, Can somebody help me with this script. I have an output file with a list of servers ips and ports. I need to be able to run this script to list all the server ips in the outfile and find out if the port is open or not. #!/bin/sh IFS=#;for i in $(cat portTest); do # check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Error:: libm.so.2:open failed

Hi, I am working with solaris 9 and I want to install perforce on that,so I downloaded the p4v.bin file and try to install it by the command ./p4v after that it is giving the error--- ld.so.1: ./p4v.bin: fatal: libm.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed I am not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Error- ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed:No such file or directory

Hi Friends I have a compiler(Sun Forte,I believe) running in my Solaris 9 box. since y'day my development team is finding this error when they compile: ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed: No such file or directory I ran a search for this file and found it in one of my file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NDM: Source file open failed. Error= 2

Hi, I have try to ndm to one server to another server. but i am getting this error. what is this error? are files not in source folder? Source file open failed. Error= 2 Regards, Balamurgan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

rpmdb open failed

Hi, # yum --skip-broken -y update rpmdb: Thread/process 6657/3078387392 failed: Thread died in Berkeley DB library error: db3 error(-30974) from dbenv->failchk: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - (-30974) error: cannot open... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sef alislam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find out list of all proccess which are running on unix servers from last two days.

Hi All, I have a requirment, i need to get the list of all the process which are running from last two days on my unix server and also to put this list into an another file. i am giving you a sample example : $ ps -ef UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akshu.agni
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rdesktop - ERROR: Failed to open keymap en-us

I just updated my rdesktop to 1.8.3 from source ( on Slackware 11 ) and had troubles with arrow keys/page up/page down not working. I see this on the console: ERROR: Failed to open keymap en-us The fix is a permission change. I initially looked at /usr/share/rdesktop/keymaps and everything... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux open failed: No such file or directory error

Hi, The below commands works fine on serverB . /etc/profile; cd /export/home/user2/utils/plugin/ ./runme.shHowever, when i run the same commands from serverA it fails $ ssh -q user2@serverB ". /etc/profile; cd /export/home/user2/utils/plugin; ./runme.sh"Output Error: Please find the below... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
GEARMAN_CLIENT_ADD_SERVERS(3)					     Gearmand					     GEARMAN_CLIENT_ADD_SERVERS(3)

NAME
gearman_client_add_servers - Gearmand Documentation, http://gearman.info/ SYNOPSIS
#include <libgearman/gearman.h> gearman_return_t gearman_client_add_server(gearman_client_st *client, const char *host, in_port_t port) gearman_return_t gearman_client_add_servers(gearman_client_st *client, const char *servers) void gearman_client_remove_servers(gearman_client_st *client) DESCRIPTION
gearman_client_add_server() will add an additional gearmand server to the list of servers that the client will take work from. gearman_client_remove_servers() will remove all servers from the gearman_client_st. gearman_client_add_servers() takes a list of gearmand servers that will be parsed to provide servers for the client. The format for this is SERVER[:PORT][,SERVER[:PORT]]... Examples of this are:: 10.0.0.1,10.0.0.2,10.0.0.3 localhost234,jobserver2.domain.com:7003,10.0.0.3 RETURN VALUE
gearman_client_add_server() and gearman_client_remove_servers() return gearman_return_t. HOME
To find out more information please check: http://gearman.info/ See also gearmand(8) libgearman(3) gearman_client_st AUTHOR
Data Differential http://www.datadifferential.com/ COPYRIGHT
2012, Data Differential, http://www.datadifferential.com/ 0.33 May 04, 2012 GEARMAN_CLIENT_ADD_SERVERS(3)