Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Shout-Out to Gareth Watts and pinfinder Post 303036247 by bakunin on Thursday 20th of June 2019 03:38:43 PM
Old 06-20-2019
With all due respect to Gareth Watts, who is surely a good programmer:

What is a "restrictions (screen time) pass code"?? Can iPhones only be used for a certain time? Sorry for obviously asking the ignorant question, but i enter a PIN when i switch on my phone and i can do anything i want until i switch it off. As i enter the code often enough i have it memorised (like my ATM code, my master password at work and similar important things) and this cannot get "lost" at all.

bakunin

RPC.YPPASSWDD(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  RPC.YPPASSWDD(8)

NAME
rpc.yppasswdd -- NIS update password file daemon SYNOPSIS
rpc.yppasswdd [-d directory] [-noshell] [-nogecos] [-nopw] [-m arg1 [arg2 ...]] DESCRIPTION
rpc.yppasswdd must be running on the NIS master server to allow users to change information in the password file. The options are as follows: -d directory Change the root directory of the password file from ``/'' to directory. It is important to create the binary database files (pwd.db and spwd.db) when using this switch or the password change will fail. The databases need to be created only once with the following command: pwd_mkdb -d directory directory/etc/master.passwd -noshell Don't allow changes of the shell field in the passwd file. -nogecos Don't allow changes of the gecos field in the passwd file. -nopw Don't allow changes of the password in the passwd file. -m arg1 [arg2 ...] Additional arguments to pass to make in /var/yp. FILES
/etc/passwd /etc/master.passwd SEE ALSO
chpass(1), passwd(1), hosts_access(5), nis(8), ypbind(8), ypserv(8) AUTHORS
Mats O Jansson <moj@stacken.kth.se> BSD
February 26, 2005 BSD