Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Creating data delimited by ASCII code 1 Post 303036232 by dasun on Thursday 20th of June 2019 03:16:39 AM
Old 06-20-2019
Creating data delimited by ASCII code 1

<Any suggestion how to create a file where the values are separated by ASCII code 1,with data extracted from a table using shell script The format is :/>

Code:
<columnname1(binary1)columnvalue(binary1)columnname2(binary1)columnvalue(binary1)columnname3(binary1)columnvalue... 1st row/>
<columnname1(binary1)columnvalue(binary1)columnname2(binary1)columnvalue(binary1)columnname3(binary1)columnvalue.. second row/>

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 06-20-2019 at 09:08 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert Binary data to ascii data

Friends, I've tried on solaris, but I could n't get ascii data dd if=binaryinputfile bs=1 skip=3800 count=4 | od -t u4 output : INDBU3:/usr/users/FTAMUSER/kk $ dd if=SMP20041006173649188151 bs=1 skip=3800 count=4 | od -t u4 4+0 records in 4+0 records out 0000000 0000000000 0000004... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating flat text file (ASCII)

Hi everybody. I need help and I hope someone is willing to help me out here. My wholesale company is currently moving to new software. The old software is running on a UNIX platform. We need to migrate data from the UNIX system, but our former software provider refuses to assist the data... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wdonero
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether a given file is in ASCII format and data is tab-delimited

Hi All, Please help me out with a script which checks whether a given file say abc.txt is in ASCII format and data is tab-delimited. If the condition doesn't satisfy then it should generate error code "100" for file not in ASCII format and "105" if it is not in tab-delimited format. If the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check the file data type(ascii or binary)

hi i am receiving a file from one system , i have to verify the format of the file data i.e whether the data is in acii format or binary format, please help thanks in advance satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data in an ASCII file

Hi,,, is there anyway to sort the data that I have on an ASCII file, using unix? :confused::confused::confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert data from ASCII to Packed Decimal

Hi All, Please let me know if it is possible to convert data from ASCII to Packed Decimal through Unix? Basically we have ASCII file with numeric data we want to convert that files data to Packed decimal format to send it to main frame. Please let me know if we can do it through unix script.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloktiwary
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import ASCII 28 delimited text file

I have an ASCII 28 delimited text file(non-printable delimiter) with 4 columns along with the header.I need to open this text file in Excel or any other tool to view each column content. Please help.. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneeta13
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion of data - ebcdic to ascii

Hi, I want to convert ebcdic values to ascii values. Are there anyany specific c++ libraries with g++ compiler, which can do it ? gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-54) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - binary data to ascii code

Hello, With bash-script (ubunto server) I'm trying to read a binary file and, for each character, give back its ascii code (including extended ascii). For example: HEX => ASCII => PRINT f5 => 245 => õ 50 => 80 => P To load the binary file into a variable I tried in this way: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: math4
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

ASCII comma-delimited

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi Guys, I am new on the scripting world and would like ask for help if you can. Here are my questions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahiwaga
1 Replies
Regexp::Common::delimited(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Regexp::Common::delimited(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::delimited -- provides a regex for delimited strings SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /delimited/; while (<>) { /$RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'}/ and print 'a " delimited string'; /$RE{delimited}{-delim=>'/'}/ and print 'a / delimited string'; } DESCRIPTION
Please consult the manual of Regexp::Common for a general description of the works of this interface. Do not use this module directly, but load it via Regexp::Common. $RE{delimited}{-delim}{-esc} Returns a pattern that matches a single-character-delimited substring, with optional internal escaping of the delimiter. When "-delim=S" is specified, each character in the sequence S is a possible delimiter. There is no default delimiter, so this flag must always be specified. If "-esc=S" is specified, each character in the sequence S is the delimiter for the corresponding character in the "-delim=S" list. The default escape is backslash. For example: $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'} # match "a " delimited string" $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'"'}{-esc=>'"'} # match "a "" delimited string" $RE{delimited}{-delim=>'/'} # match /a / delimited string/ $RE{delimited}{-delim=>q{'"}} # match "string" or 'string' Under "-keep" (See Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire match $2 captures the opening delimiter (provided only one delimiter was specified) $3 captures delimited portion of the string (provided only one delimiter was specified) $4 captures the closing delimiter (provided only one delimiter was specified) $RE{quoted}{-esc} A synonym for $RE{delimited}{q{-delim='"`}{...}} SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common for a general description of how to use this interface. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. For a start, there are many common regexes missing. Send them in to regexp-common@abigail.be. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-08 Regexp::Common::delimited(3)