Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing tmux on RHEL 6.5
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Installing tmux on RHEL 6.5 Post 303036229 by Neo on Wednesday 19th of June 2019 11:28:00 PM
Old 06-20-2019
Great to hear you got it working.

Thanks for posting back your solution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Installing Updates on RHEL 3 & 4

Is there another way to install updates on RHEL besides using the up2date utility? I have some systems that are not accessible to the internet. So, when I look for the updates that are supposed to be for my system, i dont even know where to go to download them? it just keeps bringing me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Bug hits while installing RHEL 5.5

I have one R710 Dell Box, when i try to install the RHEL on the system the installation stops with following error "Assertion (heads < 256) at disk_dos.c:486 in function probe_partition_for_geom() failed." I 'm unable to ignore/cancel the same and have hard boot the server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

problem installing rhel 6

I have dexx xps 14.I was installing rhel6.But the installation hanged at following step initializing hardware detection................. installion didnt go further (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Problem installing PSP on rhel 5.2 64

hi, i have a problem when i try to install Proliant support pack into a server with rhel 5.2 sv556:#/tmp/psp# ./hpsum -silent ./hpsum: error while loading shared libraries: libfreetype.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory i have already installed library... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problem in installing wine on rhel 6-64bit

I have installled and configured wine on rhel 6 - 64bit system... When i run wine command i faced a problem : wine : could not exec wineserver and when i run wineserver command i got the following error : /usr/local/wine/bin/wineserver : /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 : bad ELF interpreter NO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuajay1988
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Installing EBS 12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1 x86_64‏

i am in process to install R12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1. while installing pre-requisite on RHEL 6.1 i am facing following error : rpm -ivh xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386.rpm error: Failed dependencies: libX11.so.6 is needed by xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installing RHEL over Windows 7 or 8

Hi, Sorry if this is an incorrect place for this question but I haven't been able to find any answers by searching the forums or on google. I am in the market for a new HP Z420 workstation and HP wants a lot more money for one with the HP Linux Installer kit vs. the exact same configuration in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhopson
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Installing xwindow on RHEL (offline)

I need to install xwindow on my RHEL 7.2 server which is behind a firewall and no access to internet. If I run the below code, it will not able to install, as my server dont have internet connection. yum -y install xterm* xorg* xclock xauth Do you know, where can I get the required binaries... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error installing MySQL 8 on RHEL 7

My yum install command is failing. I first did yum clean all I even tried with localinstall. Below is the error output: yum install mysql-community-server*.rpm Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager This system is not registered with an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
KITSEND(1)						      General Commands Manual							KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)