Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script and Progress Bar or GUI Wrapper Post 303036138 by naveedanwar4u on Saturday 15th of June 2019 02:52:22 PM
Old 06-15-2019
Hi,

I will give a try to Whiptail, thanks for information.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

progress bar

Hi all, I want to print # like that in a progress bar.. For e.g We can notice that during installation ... but,how to do that? Thnx, sakthi. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i create a simple progress bar in shell

please help me as i want to create a simple process bar to check the status for any script......... especially in UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar

Hi friends, how can I show a progress bar for any running process in the shell script. For example when I am copying or compressing a file. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

progress bar

hi all, in shell script (ksh), how do i write a progress bar ?? i have a script which searches files and while its searching i am currently printing out "." and if it finds what its searching for the script prints out the name of the file e.g .................. firstFile.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

5. Programming

A progress bar in C

Hello, it's me again...:eek: I need to create a progress bar in C, but i have no idea on how to do it. i want it to output something like this: Progress: 58% But i can't get it to work. Could you please post an example progress bar written in ANSI C? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar for cp

I'm trying to use this code to get a progress bar for cp: "Can you get cp to give a progress bar like wget?" But I'm getting these errors: stat: illegal option -- c usage: stat awk: division by zero input record number 1, file source line number 4 I'm using Mac OS X 10.6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need suggestion how to use the progress bar while executing shell

Dear All, I need suggestions, I have below simple text based progress-bar script which will gradually increase the %. #!/bin/ksh i=50 echo "0--------20--------40-------60--------80-------100%" while do echo -n "#" sleep 1 i=`expr $i - 1` done echo Now my problem is, how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar

Hi Experts; Im in the process of writing a shell script for enabling an IT operations to run archiving.We use netbackup. The script is complete, though there is one bit that i need help on. Im trying to have a progess bar for the procedure.I have gone through the man page of the command in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

progress bar in ftp script

dear all , i made script to transfer data through the FTP but i need to add something if you can help me i want in the output message like progress bar |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 30% to know when it will finish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies
PLOT(5) 							File Formats Manual							   PLOT(5)

NAME
plot - graphics interface DESCRIPTION
Files of this format are produced by routines described in plot(3), and are interpreted for various devices by commands described in plot(1). A graphics file is a stream of plotting instructions. Each instruction consists of an ASCII letter usually followed by bytes of binary information. The instructions are executed in order. A point is designated by four bytes representing the x and y values; each value is a signed integer. The last designated point in an l, m, n, or p instruction becomes the `current point' for the next instruction. Each of the following descriptions begins with the name of the corresponding routine in plot(3). m move: The next four bytes give a new current point. n cont: Draw a line from the current point to the point given by the next four bytes. See plot(1). p point: Plot the point given by the next four bytes. l line: Draw a line from the point given by the next four bytes to the point given by the following four bytes. t label: Place the following ASCII string so that its first character falls on the current point. The string is terminated by a newline. a arc: The first four bytes give the center, the next four give the starting point, and the last four give the end point of a circular arc. The least significant coordinate of the end point is used only to determine the quadrant. The arc is drawn counter-clockwise. c circle: The first four bytes give the center of the circle, the next two the radius. e erase: Start another frame of output. f linemod: Take the following string, up to a newline, as the style for drawing further lines. The styles are `dotted,' `solid,' `long- dashed,' `shortdashed,' and `dotdashed.' Effective only in plot 4014 and plot ver. s space: The next four bytes give the lower left corner of the plotting area; the following four give the upper right corner. The plot will be magnified or reduced to fit the device as closely as possible. Space settings that exactly fill the plotting area with unity scaling appear below for devices supported by the filters of plot(1). The upper limit is just outside the plotting area. In every case the plotting area is taken to be square; points outside may be displayable on devices whose face isn't square. 4014 space(0, 0, 3120, 3120); ver space(0, 0, 2048, 2048); 300, 300s space(0, 0, 4096, 4096); 450 space(0, 0, 4096, 4096); SEE ALSO
plot(1), plot(3), graph(1) PLOT(5)