Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to replace matching words defined in one file on another file? Post 303036133 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 15th of June 2019 03:24:13 AM
Old 06-15-2019
Hi, try:
Code:
awk '
  NR==FNR {
    A[$1]=$2
    next
  } 
  {
    for(i=1; i<=NF; i++)
      if($i in A)
        sub($i,A[$i])
    print
  }
'  FS="=" file2 FS='[(/,]' file1

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting file words as pattern matching

Sir, I want to check for the repation of a user address in a file i used || as my delimiter and want to check repetaip0n of the address that is mailid and then i have to use IMAP and all. How can i do this... I am in linux ...and my file is linux file. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace words in file based on another file

Hello, Can someone kindy help me solve this problem..I am using SunOS shell script I got a file A with following content: This is my correct document. I wrote 111 This is my incorrect word , 222 This is my wrong statement 333 This is my correct document 444 This is my correct document 555... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinmak
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed replace words in file and keep some

lets see if i can explain this in a good way. im trying to replace some words in a file but i need to know what the words are that is beeing replaced. not sure if sed can do this. file.name.something.1DATA01.something.whatever sed "s/./.DATA?????/g" need to know what the first . is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to from grep command from a file which contains matching words?

Hi all I have a file with below content (content is variable whenever new product is launched). I need form a grep command like this egrep "Unknown product|Invalid symboland so on" How to do it using a script? Unknown product Invalid symbol No ILX exch found exceeds maximum size AFX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search the pattern in a file and replace with variable already defined previously in csh

I want to replace a certain pattern with the variable already defined. e.g. set path_verilog = /home/priya/bin/verilogfile my file contents are : verilog new verilog is defined here verilog_path_comes I am using the below command sed 's/verilog_path_comes/'$path_verilog'/g' <filename>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text in column1 of a file matching columns of another file

Hi all, I have 2 files: species-names.txt Abaca-bunchy-top-virus ((((Abaca-bunchy-top-virus((Babuvirus((Unassigned((Nanoviridae((Unassigned)))) Abutilon-mosaic-virus ((((Abutilon-mosaic-virus((Begomovirus((Unassigned((Geminiviridae((Unassigned))))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thienxho
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace the words in the file to the words that user type?

Hello, I would like to change my setting in a file to the setting that user input. For example, by default it is ONBOOT=ON When user key in "YES", it would be ONBOOT=YES -------------- This code only adds in the entire user input, but didn't replace it. How do i go about... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace words in file?

Hi Guys, I have a text where we used Ram in 10 times now I want replace all Ram words by Shyam word then how to do it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace some specific words from file?

I have the file like this. cat 123.txt <p> <table border='1' width='90%' align='center' summary='Script output'> <tr><td>text </td> </tr> </table> </p> I want to replace some tags and want the output like below. I tried with awk & sed commands. But no luck. Could someone help me on this? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that line

Hi All, I need one help to replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that file . i.e. my self is peter@king. i am staying at north sydney. we all are peter@king. How to replace peter to sham if it finds @king in any line of that file. Please help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajib Podder
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)