Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Use sed commands on multiple lines Post 303036097 by utkarshkhanna44 on Friday 14th of June 2019 02:13:58 AM
Old 06-14-2019
cant i use a variable instead of that 1?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Multiple Lines with sed

I am trying to use sed to delete multiple lines in a file. The problem is that I need to search for a certain line and then once found delete it plus the next 4 lines. For instance if I had a file that consisted of the following lines: #Data1.start ( (Database= data1) (Name = IPC)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rambo15
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Multiple Commands applied to an address

Trying to write a sed command that applies multiple replacements to a specific address. Need a second pair of eyes I guess cause my syntax appears to be correct (obviously not though) I am getting an error. Any Help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. sed -f foo envOracle sed: Function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple sed commands

hello! I have a few sed commands sed '/^$/d' < $1 > tmp.t sed '/^ \{3,\}/d' < tmp.t > tmp1.txt ..... how can I write them in a single line? sed '/^$/d' < $1 > | '/^ \{3,\}/d' < $1 > tmp1.txt any idea? thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: george_
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I spread commands over multiple lines?

Below an example of what I mean. The first attempt does what I want; the second doesn't, because bash assumes a line break means the end of an individual "command unix". Is there some way that I can convince bash to parse out, eg, to the closing parenthesis? I'm thinking this would allow for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sed to merge multiple lines

Hi all: I have a file in which the contents are as following: ... This is a test ONE TWO Hello, world! XXX YYY CCC test again three, four five six seven world AAA BBB QQQ test eight, nine world (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xb88
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: working with multiple lines

Got another sed question :) My text block is I need to do the following: If (and only if) the line starting with 10002,11 is followed by a line starting with 10004,9 , insert the line 10003,9 between the 2 Thus, my output should be I tried but this gives me (the order... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting multiple sed commands on a single line

Hi, I want to make sed write a part of fileA (first 7 lines) to file1 and the rest of fileA to file2 in a single call and single line in sed. If I do the following: sed '1,7w file1; 8,$w file2' fileA I get only one file named file1 plus all the characters following file1. If I try to use curly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varelg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables into SED or AWK and multiple commands

Hello I am hoping you may help. I am not sure how to go about this exactly, I know the tools but not sure how to make them work together. I have two SED commands that I would like to run in a shell script. I would like to take the manual input of a user (types in when prompted) to be used... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to execute multiple commands

Let's say I have a file called test.out. In this file I want to do the following: 1. Search for DIP-10219 and with this: 2. Remove everything in front of cn= 3. Remove everything after *com 4. Remove duplicate lines 5. Replace ( with \( 6. Replace ) with \) For 1-3 I have figured out this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed hash in multiple lines

Hi everybody, I am writing a little script to manage keystores and need some help with sed. The output of the keystore file is like: vi 2, Dec 7, 2012, trustedCertEntry, Certificate fingerprint (MD5): F9:1F:FE:E6:A3:CB:99:88:44:D4:67:ED:G5:F8:97:7A system@remote-server, Dec 17, 2013,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hamss
13 Replies
GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ADD_NOTIFY(3)					 1					 GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ADD_NOTIFY(3)

gupnp_service_proxy_add_notify - Sets up callback for variable change notification

SYNOPSIS
bool gupnp_service_proxy_add_notify (resource $proxy, string $value, int $type, mixed $callback, [mixed $arg]) DESCRIPTION
Sets up callback to be called whenever a change notification for variable is recieved. PARAMETERS
o $proxy - A service proxy identifier. o $value - The variable to add notification for. o $type - The type of the variable. Type can be one of the following values: o GUPNP_TYPE_BOOLEAN - Type of the variable is boolean. o GUPNP_TYPE_INT - Type of the variable is integer. o GUPNP_TYPE_LONG - Type of the variable is long. o GUPNP_TYPE_DOUBLE - Type of the variable is double. o GUPNP_TYPE_FLOAT - Type of the variable is float. o GUPNP_TYPE_STRING - Type of the variable is string. o $callback - The callback to call when variable changes. Typically, callback function takes on three parameters. The $variable parameter being the first, $value parameter being the second, and the $arg is third. o $arg - User data for $callback. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. SEE ALSO
gupnp_service_proxy_remove_notify(3). PHP Documentation Group GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ADD_NOTIFY(3)