Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Parameters placement on stack in C Post 303036095 by migurus on Friday 14th of June 2019 12:06:57 AM
Old 06-14-2019
Thank you! That is so interesting!

Just for a comparison I run that code where I pass a structure as 2nd parameter on Solaris 11, here is the output, which is quite different
Code:
params:
1) feffed00 offset = -4
2) feffed04 offset = 28
3) feffece8

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

code placement

I'm sorry if something like this has already been posted, but I didn't find anything like it. I'm using ksh The code that I've come up with will initially print what I want, but will then keep repeating the second number. I'm just trying to teach myself and can't seem to find the code to work.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott78
16 Replies

2. AIX

Aixterm icon placement?

Hi, I'm using xterm and aixterm with Mwm on AIX, and having trouble controlling icon placement when minimising windows. Basically when I run an xterm or aixterm I want to be able to specify where the icon will be if minimised. The man page mentions the "#geometry Geometry" option to aixterm,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cunningdavid
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Controlling icon placement?

Hi, I'm using xterm and aixterm with Mwm on AIX, and having trouble controlling icon placement when minimising windows. Basically when I run an xterm or aixterm I want to be able to specify where the icon will be if minimised. The man page mentions the "#geometry Geometry" option to aixterm,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cunningdavid
1 Replies

4. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Data placement in SVM

Is it possible to place the data in inner or outer edge with SVM ( solaris volume manager ) or VxVM like we can do in AIX LVM ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Snort/NTOP Placement

I have been asked to place 2 (1 NTOP & 1 SNORT) boxes within our network as part of our tool kit for network monitoring and Intrusion detection. Out network is very simplistic and it layed out like this: internet | | Cisco 1811 Router (8x Layer 2 switch ports) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix linked-list placement

Hi, I am programming in kernel, and I want to use a double linked list that holds infos that every process could access and modify THIS list. So, I suppose it is a 'global' variable since every process(thread) can reach it, I am wondering where to put it? by changing some of the kernel files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: louisTan
1 Replies
stack(n)							Tcl Data Structures							  stack(n)

NAME
stack - Create and manipulate stack objects SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require struct ?1.2.1? stackName option ?arg arg ...? stackName clear stackName destroy stackName peek ?count? stackName pop ?count? stackName push item ?item ...? stackName size DESCRIPTION
The ::struct::stack command creates a new stack object with an associated global Tcl command whose name is stackName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the stack. It has the following general form: stackName option ?arg arg ...? Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for stack objects: stackName clear Remove all items from the stack. stackName destroy Destroy the stack, including its storage space and associated command. stackName peek ?count? Return the top count items of the stack, without removing them from the stack. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. If count is 1, the result is a simple string; otherwise, it is a list. If specified, count must be greater than or equal to 1. If there are no items on the stack, this command will return count empty strings. stackName pop ?count? Return the top count items of the stack, and remove them from the stack. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. If count is 1, the result is a simple string; otherwise, it is a list. If specified, count must be greater than or equal to 1. If there are no items on the stack, this command will return count empty strings. stackName push item ?item ...? Push the item or items specified onto the stack. If more than one item is given, they will be pushed in the order they are listed. stackName size Return the number of items on the stack. KEYWORDS
queue, matrix, tree, graph struct 1.2.1 stack(n)