Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Migrating LUNs to new storage array Post 303036073 by RecoveryOne on Thursday 13th of June 2019 03:09:38 PM
Old 06-13-2019
Take a peek at this:
IBM Knowledge Center

Sorry, I don't have much time to go into depth on this one right now, but yes you can export the vg and import the vg on a new system.
example:
NodeA

1. unmount all FS
  2. varyoffvg <vgname>
  3. exportvg <vgname>
  4. rmdev -dl hdiskX <where the vg resided>
NodeB
  1. Assuming everything is zoned for the lun.
  2. cfgmgr
  3. lspv to find your new hdisk
  4. importvg -y <vgname> hdiskX
  5. mount the filesystems
  6. change characteristics as needed for the VG and FS
Should be noted that importvg creates file mount points and entries in the /etc/filesystems

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Storage array question

We just purchased a MOD30 disk array strage system. We have 15 drives and 2 hot spares. We're running a database app with 8 data sets. I'm trying to get the best i/o speed out of my disk configuration. Right now I have 3 raid5 arrays setup. This seems to offer the same performance as having the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncmurf00
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how can I monitoring the LUNs in HP storage

Hi, How can i monitoring the LUN in HP Storage with korn shells? I would like to have a shell can monitoring the LUN, VGs, lvols and raw devices. Jesus (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgutierrez29
3 Replies

3. Solaris

storage array simulator

hi i haven't much experience in solaris. I would like to know about storage. how to configure,how it is working etc....can i get any simulator for doing these work? plaese send me the link . please help me advance thanks to all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP Storage Array

hi I need to check status and configure HP Storage Array device. HP Storageworks P2000 Please suggest (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand87
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VxVM breaking mirror for migrating storage

We are in the process of migrating storage from one array to another. I know the commands I would use in LVM but I am not very familiar with VxVM. The goal is to attach the new LUNs from the new array and add them to the disk group. Then mirror the data online to these new LUNs using VxVM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Migrating an Oracle database storage - REDHAT4

e have a RHEL4 server with an Oracle 10 ( RAC ) are migrating storage bank records. The copy is made by the storage they make a copy of the level of disk all blocks are copied and the file permissions. Problems we had Initially the Cluster service was not rising due to absence of OCR disks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fausto.ncc1701
0 Replies
UPSCLI_LIST_START(3)						    NUT Manual						      UPSCLI_LIST_START(3)

NAME
upscli_list_start - begin multi-item retrieval from a UPS SYNOPSIS
#include <upsclient.h> int upscli_list_start(UPSCONN_t *ups, int numq, const char **query) DESCRIPTION
The upscli_list_start() function takes the pointer ups to a UPSCONN_t state structure, and the pointer query to an array of numq query elements. It builds a properly-formatted request from those elements and transmits it to upsd(8). Upon success, the caller must call upscli_list_next(3) to retrieve the elements of the list. Failure to retrieve the list will most likely result in the client getting out of sync with the server due to buffered data. USES
This function implements the "LIST" command in the protocol. As a result, you can use it to request many different things from the server. Some examples are: o LIST UPS o LIST VAR <ups> o LIST RW <ups> o LIST CMD <ups> o LIST ENUM <ups> <var> o LIST RANGE <ups> <var> QUERY FORMATTING
To see the list of variables on a UPS called su700, the protocol command would be LIST VAR su700. To start that list with this function, you would populate query and numq as follows: int numq; const char *query[2]; query[0] = "VAR"; query[1] = "su700"; numq = 2; All escaping of special characters and quoting of elements with spaces are handled for you inside this function. ERROR CHECKING
This function checks the response from upsd(8) against your query. If it is not starting a list, or is starting the wrong type of list, it will return an error code. When this happens, upscli_upserror(3) will return UPSCLI_ERR_PROTOCOL. RETURN VALUE
The upscli_list_start() function returns 0 on success, or -1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
upscli_fd(3), upscli_get(3), upscli_readline(3), upscli_sendline(3), upscli_ssl(3), upscli_strerror(3), upscli_upserror(3) Network UPS Tools 05/31/2012 UPSCLI_LIST_START(3)