Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers To send ID and Password for each command using expect feature in bash script Post 303036005 by Xtreme on Wednesday 12th of June 2019 08:38:25 AM
Old 06-12-2019
Its as follows:

NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server"
VERSION="7.3 (Maipo)"

-bash

--- Post updated at 12:38 PM ---

there is no sudo option. its the need of command to enter id password after that so must be needing such kind of solution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Send command of Expect package

HI All, I am currently working on one command line application on AIX (Unix Platform).Here i need to use Expect package. By using Expect package at the top of the script,i want to use just Send command of Expect package to send characters like, 1. Press Enter key 2. Press spacebar 3.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha123
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ?

Hi all, After expect catches the string I specify, is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ? So my script looks like following, expect "some string" #How to ask expect to wait for a while send "next command" The reason I want to do this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

within shell script send expect and if else

Hi I have written one shell script , using that i am able to connect to remote machine but i have to #!/usr/bin/expect -f set address set username set password set OOLpath set dbusername set dbpasswd set tnsname set recdbusername set recdbpasswd set rectnsname spawn ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command substitution in send/expect. Please help!

Hi, the following code is not working. How can I cat the last modified file in the path /asdf. Please help! expect "asdf%" {send "cat `ls -rt /asdf|tail -1` \r"} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

5. AIX

Send ctrl+C in expect script

Hi, Am trying to transfer file via FTP using expect script from server to client i need to interrupt the file transfer between server and client Please help what should used in expect code.. I used send "ctrl+c\r" expect "Aborted" but that didnt work.. I need what should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make a password protected bash script resist/refuse “bash -x” when the password is given

I want to give my long scripts to customer. The customer must not be able to read the scripts even if he has the password. The following command locks and unlocks the script but the set +x is simply ignored. The code: read -p 'Script: ' S && C=$S.crypt H='eval "$((dd if=$0 bs=1 skip=//|gpg... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script: Send files to SFTP using Expect

I have to send few gzipped files from local server to SFTP server. My Server Info Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS Release: 12.04 Codename: precise Created a bash script and could able to send files to sftp, but i want to send email if transfer is successful. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use expect and send command in UNIX/Linux?

Hello Everyone, I am executing a unix script which logs into 50+ servers (netapp servers) and runs some commands and captures output locally. Below is the code snippet. file1.txt has names of all the remote servers where I am logging in. #!/bin/ksh #!/usr/bin/expect touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password check in bash script calling on expect

password check in bash script calling on expect Background: I have to copy a file from one server, to over 100 servers in a test environment. once the file is copied, it requires to have the permissions on the file changed/verified. These are all linux servers. most of them have the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2legit2quit
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect command to send the user input enter or ctrl+c

Hey All, I am writing one script using expect, that script which is used in spawn will accepts only 1. Enter 2. Ctrl+c Press Control-C to exit, Enter to proceed. Could some one share some thoughts to send the above user inputs in linux expect block ? Thanks, Sam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCHITIMA
0 Replies
PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
pct-scanner-script - easy scan and create merged DjVu and PDF documents for archiving SYNOPSIS
pct-scanner-script [--help] DESCRIPTION
pct-scanner-script is a bash script and configuration system to easily scan documents and create a digital archiving. It can create DjVu PDF and JPEG outputs, in merged and individual files. It also has a configuration system where different configurations can be defined, making it easy to switch between configurations. Please use pct-scanner-script --help to find all program options, the complete help, and all examples. Features: - auto archiving in merged and individual DjVu, PDF, and JPEG files - auto and manual resume when scanning somehow fails - cascading configuration system, for easy customizing - easy command-line-style bash program, with useful options - archiving made possible with both adf and flatbed scanners - built for productivity and daily use - uses bash, scanadf and other mainstream processing tools - multilanguage commandline output OPTIONS
-h, --help, -? Show summary of options, help, and examples. DEBUGGING
This program is a helper script to easy scan and automated digital document archiving for normal and adf scanners. You can debug this script by running it as bash -x pct-scanner-script [options]. The script is just a nice wrapper for the scanadf, DjVu and PDF tools. SEE ALSO
scanadf(1), AUTHOR
pct-scanner-script and this manual page are written by: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl>. March 31, 2009 PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)