Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script and Progress Bar or GUI Wrapper Post 303035953 by wisecracker on Monday 10th of June 2019 12:30:45 PM
Old 06-10-2019
You could try this:
I wrote it about 6 years ago for unix.com as a horizontal VU meter but is would be easy to modify...

At A Glance Coloured Real Time Bargraph Generator...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

progress bar

Hi all, I want to print # like that in a progress bar.. For e.g We can notice that during installation ... but,how to do that? Thnx, sakthi. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i create a simple progress bar in shell

please help me as i want to create a simple process bar to check the status for any script......... especially in UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar

Hi friends, how can I show a progress bar for any running process in the shell script. For example when I am copying or compressing a file. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

progress bar

hi all, in shell script (ksh), how do i write a progress bar ?? i have a script which searches files and while its searching i am currently printing out "." and if it finds what its searching for the script prints out the name of the file e.g .................. firstFile.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

5. Programming

A progress bar in C

Hello, it's me again...:eek: I need to create a progress bar in C, but i have no idea on how to do it. i want it to output something like this: Progress: 58% But i can't get it to work. Could you please post an example progress bar written in ANSI C? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar for cp

I'm trying to use this code to get a progress bar for cp: "Can you get cp to give a progress bar like wget?" But I'm getting these errors: stat: illegal option -- c usage: stat awk: division by zero input record number 1, file source line number 4 I'm using Mac OS X 10.6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need suggestion how to use the progress bar while executing shell

Dear All, I need suggestions, I have below simple text based progress-bar script which will gradually increase the %. #!/bin/ksh i=50 echo "0--------20--------40-------60--------80-------100%" while do echo -n "#" sleep 1 i=`expr $i - 1` done echo Now my problem is, how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Progress bar

Hi Experts; Im in the process of writing a shell script for enabling an IT operations to run archiving.We use netbackup. The script is complete, though there is one bit that i need help on. Im trying to have a progess bar for the procedure.I have gone through the man page of the command in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

progress bar in ftp script

dear all , i made script to transfer data through the FTP but i need to add something if you can help me i want in the output message like progress bar |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 30% to know when it will finish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies
WMGRABIMGAE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    WMGRABIMGAE(1)

NAME
WMGRABIMGAE - Dockable WWW Image monitor. SYNOPSIS
wmGrabImage [-h] [-display <Display>] -url <Image URL> [-http <URL>] [-c] [-delay <Time>] DESCRIPTION
wmGrabImage is a WindowMaker DockApp that maintains a small thumbnail copy of your favorite image from the WWW. The image to monitor is specified via the "-url <Image URL>" command-line option and it gets updated approximately every 5 minutes. The update interval can be overridden via the "-delay <Time>" command-line option (Time is in seconds). Each of the three mouse buttons can be double clicked with the following effects; Left Mouse: Brings up the full-sized image in xv. Middle Mouse: Sends a URL (specified via the -http <URL> command-line option) to an already running netscape process or in a new netscape process if there arent any running. Right Mouse: Updates the image immediately. OPTIONS
-h Display list of command-line options. -display [display] Use an alternate X Display. -url <Image URL> The URL of the WWW image to monitor. -http <URL> The URL to send to netscape via a Middle double click. -c Center the image vertically within the icon. -delay <Time> The time between updates. The default is about 5 minutes. FILES
The original sized image and the thumbnail XPM image are both stored in ~/.wmGrabImage/ which gets created if it doesnt already exist. SEE ALSO
wget and the ImageMagick convert utility. BUGS
Who knows? -- its still Beta though. (Let me know if you find any). Oldish versions of the ImageMagick convert utility have a memory leak -- if you have that problem, upgrade to the latest version. AUTHOR
Michael G. Henderson <mghenderson@lanl.gov> 16 December 1998 WMGRABIMGAE(1)