Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux find command : how to use multiple conditions Post 303035687 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 30th of May 2019 06:23:56 PM
Old 05-30-2019
Thanks,

I've updated my post to include the missing hyphen, so any others trying it don't waste time trying to work out the issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple conditions in if/then

Hello, I am having trouble with the syntax with a conditional statement in a BASH script involving multiple conditions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! if ; then array=("${array}" "$dnNum" ) fi i receive this error: ./testscript: ' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grandtheftander
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple conditions in find or ls stmts

I'm looking for syntax to include two search patterns in a find or ls command. e.g. find BTIME_ACTUAL_HRS* OR BTIME_SCHEDULED_HRS* tia (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavsman
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple if conditions

Guys, Im trying to have a script that evaluates multiple conditions : test.sh: if then echo "host $1" else if then echo "host $1" else echo $1 not valid exit 1 fi when I do ./test.sh brazil1 I get: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashshadow1979
4 Replies

4. Linux

Simplified find command to find multiple file types

Hi, I'm using the following command to find the multiple requierd file types and its working fine find . -name "*.pl" -o -name "*.pm" -o -name "*.sql" -o -name "*.so" -o -name "*.sh" -o -name "*.java" -o -name "*.class" -o -name "*.jar" -o -name "*.gz" -o -name "*.Z" -type f Though... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux find and replace in multiple files

Is there a reason why all of these examples of linux find and replace in multiple files use find and grep to pipe into sed or perl. Why not just use sed or perl directly with something like this? sed -i 's/echo/burnbaby/g' booboo*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find multiple string in one file using find command

Hi, I want find multiple string in one file using find coomand. And keeping it in one variable.grep is not working. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Find Conditions in IF Statement - UNIX

When I try the below if Condition with single condition its working fine. But when I try to Club both its working . But giving wrong results. In my case cond1 = -f ${filename1} = true cond2 = -f ${filename2} = true But Cond1 & Cond2 is resulting in False ??? Please advise ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Reddy
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If + multiple conditions

Hello Unix-Forums! It has been a long time since my last post, but finally I've got a new question: I know in case you can use multiple patterns by case $var in a|b|c|ab) and so on. But how would I place an OR between if ] then ... if ] then ... I want to execute the "..." if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelinside
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple conditions in IF

Fellas, Am new to unix os/ and here the situation , I am trying to write multiple condition statement inside if but it throws me a error here is my piece of code , if ] && ] && ] then commands fi error : line 15 : ` can someone please advise me how to fix it Please use... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xeccc5z
7 Replies
uusnaps(1M)															       uusnaps(1M)

NAME
uusnaps - sort and embellish uusnap output SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. runs (see uusnap(1M)) and post-processes the output into a more useful form. It sorts output lines in ``Pareto-style'', showing first those remote systems with the greatest number of files, next files, and then files. inserts a after the number of files on those lines where is not equal to (2 x + This may be a sign of missing or orphaned transaction parts. Use to check (see uuls(1)). adds summary information after all output. The first line is a total of the numbers of and files. The second line contains a grand total number of transaction files, followed by the number of directory bytes this represents. This is an indication of the true size of the directory itself if all empty entries were squeezed out. Finally, if it appears that transaction files might be missing or orphaned, returns the number of missing or excess files. WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. assumes that each directory entry takes 24 bytes. SEE ALSO
uusnap(1M), uuls(1). TO BE OBSOLETED uusnaps(1M)