Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Shell script to send mail alert Post 303035598 by RudiC on Wednesday 29th of May 2019 07:16:17 AM
Old 05-29-2019
When should that script run, and how do you plan to do that? Every two hours, from 11:00h in the morning (looking 2 hours back) until 17:00h? Is cron an option?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send e-mail in Shell script

How to send an error mail from a shell script e.g. mail destination_adr@blabla.int "Message : here an error message " thanks, Ann. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annelisa
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Shell script to send email alert for core dump

Friends, I am in search for a shell script that is capable of running as a cronjob and have to send out an email when ever there is a CORE DUMP. Please post the hints to achieve my goal. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtatineni
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to send alert mail

hi, i need to monitor a cron job that runs every 5 mins. if this cron job does not process the request for more than 6 hrs, an alert mail should be sent. how do i achieve this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smurala
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to send a mail

Hi, I need a shell script which runs in the backround for all the 24 hours and send a mail to us regarding the output of the prstat command when the load average increase above certain percent. kindly help me on this...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send a mail

Hi , I need to prepare a script which will check my database with specific to particluar table. If the row count exceeds a certain limit, i need to send a mail to a set of Recipients. Being new to unix, please guide me to complete this task. Advance thanks, Sekar. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send a mail when a shell script is modified

I would like to know, whether is there any command/tool in Linux (something like Oracle Trigger function) to send a mail if a particular shell script has been modified with details like, modification time, modified by, etc. Thanking in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically send a mail alert if the script errors out

I have a script like this, which calls other scripts from that script: #!/usr/ksh moveFiles.sh extract.sh readfile=/home/sample.txt cat $readfile | while read line do file= `echo $line|awk '{print $4}'` if ; then mv $file /home/temp_stage fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To send a mail through shell script

I want to send a mail through shell script,If it is possible Please give me a code. mail id : upload.xxx@example.com (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to compare text and send a mail

Hello, Somebody can help me to develop a script for the below requirement I have a 3 files in a directory which was dynamically changed everyday basis. I need a script to fetch the 1pattern of strings in each file. if the three matching pattern is same send a mail with subject as success else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MATHANKUMAR
1 Replies
uuclean(1M)															       uuclean(1M)

NAME
uuclean - uucp spool directory clean-up SYNOPSIS
[options] DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. scans the spool directories for files with the specified prefix and deletes all those that are older than the specified number of hours. Options recognizes the following options: Clean directory instead of the spool directory. If directory is not a valid spool directory, it cannot contain ``work files''; i.e., files whose names start with These files have special meaning to pertaining to job statistics. Scan for files with pre as the file prefix. Up to 10 arguments can be specified. A without any pre following will cause all files older than the specified time to be deleted. Files whose age is more than time hours are deleted if the prefix test is satisfied (default time is 72 hours). The default action for is to remove files that are older than a specified time (see option). The option is used to find files older than time hours; however, the files are not deleted. If the argument file is present the warning is placed in file; oth- erwise, the warnings go to the standard output. Only files destined for system sys are examined. Up to 10 arguments can be specified. The option sends mail to the owner of the file when it is deleted. If a file is specified, an entry is placed in file. This program is typically started by (see cron(1M)). WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. FILES
spool directory SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uux(1), cron(1M), uucleanup(1M). Tim O'Reilly and Grace Todino, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. Grace Todino and Dale Dougherty, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. TO BE OBSOLETED uuclean(1M)