Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Shell script to send mail alert Post 303035572 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of May 2019 09:40:30 PM
Old 05-28-2019
When working with time, it's better to use unix timestamps for doing the calculations.

So, if you work with unix timestamps, this will be a lot easier.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send e-mail in Shell script

How to send an error mail from a shell script e.g. mail destination_adr@blabla.int "Message : here an error message " thanks, Ann. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annelisa
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Shell script to send email alert for core dump

Friends, I am in search for a shell script that is capable of running as a cronjob and have to send out an email when ever there is a CORE DUMP. Please post the hints to achieve my goal. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtatineni
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to send alert mail

hi, i need to monitor a cron job that runs every 5 mins. if this cron job does not process the request for more than 6 hrs, an alert mail should be sent. how do i achieve this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smurala
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to send a mail

Hi, I need a shell script which runs in the backround for all the 24 hours and send a mail to us regarding the output of the prstat command when the load average increase above certain percent. kindly help me on this...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send a mail

Hi , I need to prepare a script which will check my database with specific to particluar table. If the row count exceeds a certain limit, i need to send a mail to a set of Recipients. Being new to unix, please guide me to complete this task. Advance thanks, Sekar. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send a mail when a shell script is modified

I would like to know, whether is there any command/tool in Linux (something like Oracle Trigger function) to send a mail if a particular shell script has been modified with details like, modification time, modified by, etc. Thanking in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically send a mail alert if the script errors out

I have a script like this, which calls other scripts from that script: #!/usr/ksh moveFiles.sh extract.sh readfile=/home/sample.txt cat $readfile | while read line do file= `echo $line|awk '{print $4}'` if ; then mv $file /home/temp_stage fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To send a mail through shell script

I want to send a mail through shell script,If it is possible Please give me a code. mail id : upload.xxx@example.com (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to compare text and send a mail

Hello, Somebody can help me to develop a script for the below requirement I have a 3 files in a directory which was dynamically changed everyday basis. I need a script to fetch the 1pattern of strings in each file. if the three matching pattern is same send a mail with subject as success else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MATHANKUMAR
1 Replies
MATCHERRC2PERLFILTER.PL(1)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				MATCHERRC2PERLFILTER.PL(1)

NAME
matcherrc2perlfilter -- Conversion of matcherrc rules to perl DESCRIPTION
This script converts matcherrc filtering rules into perl_filter rules for usage with the claws-mail-perl-filter plugin of the Claws Mail mailer. USAGE
matcherrc2perlfilter No arguments required. Conversion is done for current user only. FILES
$HOME/.claws-mail/matcherrc Input file where standard filtering rules lie. $HOME/.claws-mail/perl_filter Output file written by this script. Converted rules are appended if the file already exists, so be careful when running the script more than once. BUGS
This conversion script doesn't produce nice Perl code and is just intended to get you started. If you choose to use the Perl plugin, consider rewriting your rules. SEE ALSO
claws-mail-perl-filter(1), claws-mail(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ricardo Mones <mones@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). The matcherrc2perlfilter was written by Holger Berndt <berndth@gmx.de>. perl v5.14.2 2012-11-17 MATCHERRC2PERLFILTER.PL(1)