Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Colorful message is displayed in the terminal but not in the log file Post 303035478 by babunp114525 on Saturday 25th of May 2019 03:13:41 PM
Old 05-25-2019
Colorful message is displayed in the terminal but not in the log file

Is there any way to print the colorful message in the terminal (which is the output of a simulation) to the log file with the same color.

The colorful message at the terminal is obtained by the following codes:

Code:
/////////////codes start here///////////////////////////////////////

`define display_red $write("%c[0m",27);  $write("%c[1;31m",27);  $display
  `define display_reset_color $write("%c[0m",27);  $display

module macro_test;
  initial begin
    `display_red(*******This is red*******);
    `display_reset_color();
    #5ns;
    $finish;
  end
  endmodule

/////////////codes end here///////////////////////////////////////

The output is colorful (red) in the terminal.
However, the same output is not obtained in the log file (e.g. irun.log) created by a typical cadence simulator.

gvim version is 7.4

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fishing out error message within a log file

Hi all, i have a log file that captures success or failure messges when i run a daily job. here is a sample of my log. 20060312 start successful successful failure failure 20060312 end i need to write a subroutine that opens up the log daily after my job completes to examine the log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending message to terminal

hi all i have script #!/bin/bash cd /usr3/prod grep ERROR /usr3/prod/ind.log > /usr3/prod/ind_err.log if test -s /usr3/prod/ind_err.log then echo "error during process" else echo "process succeed" fi i want that this message(echo) will be display one time at the top of the screen... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send-file /var/log/message

Hello All i need Shell Script to send /var/log/message or another if he have or grep this file to have some info like PID or value (e.g like NFS mount - stop ) to some body in my System Thanks for Advanced (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hosam
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Output terminal sessions to screen and log file

I would like to use a terminal session to ssh to switches and routers. I need to capture data while logged into switches to a file I can email for troubleshooting. I use termial to log into Cisco switch, run the sh tech command, and then sent the output to cisco. Is there a way to run a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdelliott
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display message when starting a terminal

Hello all, I would like a message to be displayed on the shell when someone opens up the terminal - something like a welcome msg with date and time. I know how to do this by running the shell commands but dont know how to display it when a user opens up the terminal? Thanks in advance (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrudula009
27 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a message on specific user terminal

Hi All, Need urgent help!!! Can anyone tellme how can we send a message on specific user terminal and get a response from user in return. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sadhana
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppressing a message from being displayed

I have a script which checks for *.txt files in a particular directory and if no files were found then it goes into sleep for 10 secs and looks back for files again and if any files were found then the script does some processing with the files found, which is my requirement too. FILE_EXISTS=`ls... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

When trying to open file Message:-Terminal too wide?

Hi, I am trying to open small size file only in vi editor on solaris or Linux machine but it giving message "Terminal too wide" and then I have to come out. As shown below:- -rwxr-x--- 1 rkycadm rkycprd 2445 Sep 12 04:06 $ vi file.txt Terminal too wide :q! ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies
biff(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  biff(1B)

NAME
biff - give notice of incoming mail messages SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/biff [y | n] DESCRIPTION
biff turns mail notification on or off for the terminal session. With no arguments, biff displays the current notification status for the terminal. If notification is allowed, the terminal rings the bell and displays the header and the first few lines of each arriving mail message. biff operates asynchronously. For synchronized notices, use the MAIL variable of sh(1) or the mail variable of csh(1). A `biff y' command can be included in your ~/.login or ~/.profile file for execution when you log in. OPTIONS
y Allow mail notification for the terminal. n Disable notification for the terminal. FILES
~/.login User's login file ~/.profile User's profile file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), mail(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 biff(1B)