Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List the Manager of Users in AD - Using list- Get-ADuser Post 303035397 by dellanicholson on Wednesday 22nd of May 2019 06:58:47 PM
Old 05-22-2019
List the Manager of Users in AD - Using list- Get-ADuser

Is there any command that can used in Linux that export usernames and their manager's name from AD using bash shell script?

I know this can be done using powershell but I need to use Linux for this procedure.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to obtain list of users ?

How to obtain list of users found in /home/ and append it to a file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby36
7 Replies

2. Programming

Get the list of logged in users

How can I get the list of logged in users in the system programmatically? I can get the list with 'who' or 'users' commands but I need to get the list programmatically... May someone help, please? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to list locked users in hp-ux?

Actually.I have 2 questions to ask. 1. how to list locked account in hp-ux? 2.how to list locked account in linux(redhat)? I can use the command "passwd -S -username" to list a account who were locked . who knows how to list all locked accounts with one command. Thanks!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF $USER is not in this list of users, then do this

I need to add to a BASH script if ${USER} is not in a list of users (smitha, brownd, adamsp) then do something... what is the best shortest way to accomplish an if statement with a list like this? Also the list of users should be in the script, not an external file. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List users and groups

Hi I am new to unix so hopefully someone can help. I need to list all the users I have in my unix enviroment (AIX) and the groups (primary and secondary) they belong to. Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m3y
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List system users and..

Hello i need fast help... script which will list only human users from /etc/passwd and find out if they have something in home. Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mentoscz
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

list of users

Hello!Does anybody know how to solve this script: ,,write a shell script which displays a list of names of users who have created files "*. c" in the last day."? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theodoraa
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users list

Hi i would like to know were the folder that contain file with list of all users ? And were i can learn about what kind of folder i have and wheat they have inside? question 2. when i write ls -a i see all directories and then i choose for example Documents and inside Documents i typed again... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iliya24
1 Replies

9. Programming

Perl list of users

Hi All i need to write something in perl that on a mac list all the users accounts, and then carries out a copy, ( rsync ) on each one it finds. i was going to use glob, but i want to exclude a certain result here is what i have use Getopt::Std; use POSIX qw(tmpnam); use lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies

10. AIX

Get List of users+IPs

Hello! We have an AIX box (6.3), we are looking for a way to get list of logged in users and their IP. The issue we have is running who -ub shows hostname and we are wanting to get the ip. Any suggestions of ideas? Thanks in advance for any help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: entropy1980
4 Replies
SERVICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SERVICE(8)

NAME
service -- control (start/stop/etc.) or list system services SYNOPSIS
service -e service -R service [-v] -l | -r service [-v] <rc.d script> start|stop|etc. DESCRIPTION
The service command is an easy interface to the rc.d system. Its primary purpose is to start and stop services provided by the rc.d scripts. When used for this purpose it will set the same restricted environment that is in use at boot time (see below). It can also be used to list the scripts using various criteria. The options are as follows: -e List services that are enabled. The list of scripts to check is compiled using rcorder(8) the same way that it is done in rc(8), then that list of scripts is checked for an "rcvar" assignment. If present the script is checked to see if it is enabled. -R Restart all enabled local services. -l List all files in /etc/rc.d and the local startup directories. As described in rc.conf(5) this is usually /usr/local/etc/rc.d. All files will be listed whether they are an actual rc.d script or not. -r Generate the rcorder(8) as in -e above, but list all of the files, not just what is enabled. -v Be slightly more verbose ENVIRONMENT
When used to run rc.d scripts the service command sets HOME to / and PATH to /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin which is how they are set in /etc/rc at boot time. EXIT STATUS
The service utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of typical usage of the service command: service named status service -rv The following programmable completion entry can be use in bash(1) for the names of the rc.d scripts: _service () { local cur cur=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]} COMPREPLY=( $( compgen -W '$( service -l )' -- $cur ) ) return 0 } complete -F _service service SEE ALSO
bash(1) (ports/shells/bash), rc.conf(5), rc(8), rcorder(8) HISTORY
The service utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Douglas Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 11, 2012 BSD