Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Centos/Redhat 7 - Team or Bond Post 303035313 by tien86 on Tuesday 21st of May 2019 12:49:33 AM
Old 05-21-2019
Centos/Redhat 7 - Team or Bond

Hello my dears,

I preparing system running linux. I found that team is advantage than bond with the option "load-balancing for LACP support" and some minor advantages.
8.3. Comparison of Network Teaming to Bonding - Red Hat Customer Portal.

But what exactly meaning of this option I don't find any article or reference.

In practical, bond is easier for configre. Please help me.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

CentOS, Fedora & RedHat in 1 box

Hi Linux gurus, My boss had asked me to setup a box consisting of this 3 OS (CentOS, Fedora, RedHat) for autopatching. So, whenever there is new patches for CentOS from the internet, this box will grab it, implement it, if tested ok and approved, the patches will then be push to Production... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: raybakh
23 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to bond network interfaces

All, I have a quad NIC on a V880 running Solaris 9. I've heard you can bond interfaces together and get better throughput. I found this link that seems to describe the process well. However, the command mentioned (dladm) is missing. Is there some package I need to install to get this command? Thx.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agcodba
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Centos 5.8 and RedHat 5.3 terminals strange behaviour

Hello, I have following problem. I have Centos 5.8 ( Final ) on Virtual Box. I noticed very strange behavior of the terminals when resizing them. My default shell is tcsh . Let's assume that we have trial script try.csh with text in it: #! /bin/tcsh -f # Trial script echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyanata
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

RedHat/Centos Disable IPv6 Networking

Guide on how to disable ipv6 for Centos and RedHat 1) Edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and change: NETWORKING_IPV6=yes to NETWORKING_IPV6=no 2) Edit /etc/modprobe.conf and add these lines: alias net-pf-10 off alias ipv6 off 3) Stop the ipv6tables service: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanna91
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Cannot install KVM guest on CentOS/RedHat

Hi, I've a CentOS Server and I need to create KVM guest machine without X. /usr/sbin/virt-install --name server1 --ram 4000 --vcpus=8 --file=/srv/virtual/server1.img --file-size=20 --cdrom /tmp/server1.iso --mac=52:54:00:fd:48:7c The iso was created with cobbler... So, now the machine is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Bonding a Bond with LACP

Does anyone know if it's possible to bond two bonds together? My situation is I have two older Cisco switches that cannot carry a LACP (bond level 4) aggregated between them, but separate aggregates can be setup on the switches themselves. In order to have redundancy of two switches I would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Bond Configuration change not reflected.

I have changed bond configuration(mode) from TLB to ALB in modprobe.conf file. But after the restart of machine the change is not reflected in the system.While doing a >>cat /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/mode, it shows TLB mode, where as in modprobe.conf file alb exists.Can somebody help me out to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
1 Replies
RHN_CHECK(8)							  Red Hat Network						      RHN_CHECK(8)

NAME
rhn_check - check for queued actions on RHN and execute them SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rhn_check [-v] [--verbose] DESCRIPTION
rhn_check is a client program that connects to the Red Hat Network backend servers and retrieves information associated with the queued actions for this particular system. This script reads the digital server ID from /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid and uses that to identify the machine to the Red Hat Network. Upon successfull authentication, rhn_check will start processing the queued actions sequentially. ACTION TYPES
The following types of actions are currently processed by rhn_check: action type description () () refresh This action will refresh the hardware or software profiles of this machine with Red Hat Network. This fucntion is called as refresh(hardware) or refresh(rpmlist) new_systemid This action is used by the RHn Backend to update the Digital system ID of this machine with a new one. update_packages This action will trigger rhn_check into running a package update for a list of packages queued from the Red Hat Network. rhn_check will use modules from the up2date client to download the packages, solve dependencies and install the on the system. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto Red Hat Network. This file does not exist otherwise. /var/spool/up2date This directory is used by up2date to store package headers and RPM packages downloaded from Red Hat Network SEE ALSO
man pages for up2date(8) and rhnsd(8). AUTHORS
Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> ()