Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Climate change anyone?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Climate change anyone? Post 303035294 by Neo on Monday 20th of May 2019 02:07:15 AM
Old 05-20-2019
Dear Stomp,

It's great to have people with passion and energy for whatever interests them.

My wonderful partner in life, she recycles everything she can and we take that to a recycling center every month or so. She even got back about $3 dollars last time, and she was thrilled in a fun sort of way, trading what would have been bags of garbage for a few bucks and helping the planet at the same time.

However, on the darker side ...

Two days ago someone secretly dumped tens of thousands of gallons of some black goop into a drain pipe at night and that black, toxic goop flowed from that pipe directly into the sea.

Every weekend, hoards of people come down to the beach near our home and sit on their bamboo mats, drink their whisky, cook with clay pots, eat, consume and destroy the beach and the sidewalks.

Where I live, frankly speaking, the stray beach dogs are cleaner than the vast majority of the tourists. Imagine that! Stray beach dogs are cleaner than the hoards of tourists!

As mentioned earlier, as someone who has travelled to over 50 countries, and have scuba dived around 1,000 times in maybe five or six countries, I can tell you that humans will destroy a huge, beautiful coral reef in a matter of days, weeks or months just to get their groups of paying tourists to sit on an island beach for the day.

I have seen boat loads of tourists standing on coral reefs, boat anchors ripping reefs apart, you name it.

If you are really into making a difference, I would encourage you to make some great YT videos because the young generation are all about video and media. If you have great ideas you want to share, causes you want to address, wrongs you want to right, you will reach a much wider audience on YouTube than on unix.com. Of course, you are welcome to post here as well.

Maybe you can go to VideoBlocks and download some global warming and pollution video footage, use Camtasia, Final Cut or Premier Pro and make a video or maybe even make many videos.

Personally, I am just getting into video media, professional stock video footage, special effect and video production, and it's really amazing what is available to work with in 2019.

The sky is the limit and you can easily have your own "Global News Channel" with amazing videos.

Video media is "where it's at" these days.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

How to change ip ?

hi , Is there anyway to change ip on sco5.04 i tried using netconfig on the prompt but gives me error . how do u manually change ip cant use acoadmin and netconfig .... thx art (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art_malabanan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change 43% to 43.5

I have a column in % and I want to display it as a one decimal place number for sorting - what function would I be looking at for dropping the % sign? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

7. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
DTK_VIDEO_EXEC(3)						Draw Toolkit manual						 DTK_VIDEO_EXEC(3)

NAME
dtk_video_exec - Start/stop/pause a video texture SYNOPSIS
#include <dtk_video.h> int dtk_video_exec(dtk_htex vid, int command, const void* arg); DESCRIPTION
This function changes the state (or playing position) of a video texture referenced by vid according to the value of command: DTKV_CMD_PLAY: Set the video to play. arg is interpreted as a pointer to a variable of type int whose non zero value indicates that the state change is asynchronous and can be finished after the function returns. If arg is NULL, the change is performed synchronously. DTKV_CMD_PAUSE: Set the video to pause. arg is interpreted as a pointer to a variable of type int whose non zero value indicates that the state change is asynchronous and can be finished after the function returns. If arg is NULL, the change is performed synchronously. DTKV_CMD_SEEK: Seek the video to the position specified by arg which is then interpreted as a pointer to a variable of type long representing the position in milliseconds from the beginning of the video. arg is allowed to be NULL. In that case, the video will be positioned at its start. vid must be a dynamic texture created by one of the functions dtk_create_video_*(3). If the video was already in the requested state, the function will do nothing. If the video is created from the live source (webcam, network broadcast...), executing DTKV_CMD_SEEK will fail. RETURN VALUE
0 if the state has been changed or was already the one requested, -1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
dtk_load_video_file(3), dtk_load_video_gst(3), dtk_load_video_test(3), dtk_load_video_udp(3), dtk_load_video_tcp(3) EPFL
2011 DTK_VIDEO_EXEC(3)