Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX - NIC device explanation need Post 303035232 by Phat on Friday 17th of May 2019 12:50:41 AM
Old 05-17-2019
Hello,

Quote:
smitty tcpip --> Further configuration -->Network interface -->Network interface selection -->Configure alias
I have gone through this, but I don't see the alias IP. I think we have to put the alias IP here to remove. It's not already there for us to choose to remove Smilie

Code:
Type or select values in entry fields.
Press Enter AFTER making all desired changes.

[Entry Fields]
  Network INTERFACE                                   en6

* IPV4 ADDRESS (dotted decimal)                      []
  Network MASK (hexadecimal or dotted decimal)       []

1 more question, in the linux we can edit the ifcfg-ethx to make some changes. So on AIX, which file can we do the same to make changes to IP configuration?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dleting a Device in AIX 4.3

I need to delete a TTY in my AIX 4.3 system. I have tried using the smit but everytime I try it, there is a message telling me that the device is in use and cannot be changed. How do I take the device "offline", so to speak, so that I can edit the settings and/or delete it. V/R Djassi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djassi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIC and Device NO to Change

I am a beginer in unix . I would like to know what is the command in orser to change NIC and Device NO (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ilias Kappatos
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX -How to find which NIC is on which PCI card

Hi All, How can I find out which is ETH5 on my AIX P5 system. I have about seven different NIC card on this. I did move the cable to each one but still I was not able to see the link light up when I did netstat -v Any idea? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

4. Solaris

x86 Solaris 10 nic driver added but not attached. NIC is not detected.

I couldn't install my nic in solaris 10. I compiled and added the driver but failed to attach the driver and ifconfig output shows only loopback dev. Please see the following output and tell me whether my nic has been detected and why the driver failed to attach? My nic is detected in linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

5. AIX

Explanation of C Compiler for AIX

Hi, I have the following packages installed on my AIX server xlC.aix50.rte 10.1.0.2 COMMITTED XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 5.3 xlC.cpp 9.0.0.0 COMMITTED C for AIX Preprocessor xlC.msg.en_US.cpp 9.0.0.0 COMMITTED C for AIX Preprocessor xlC.msg.en_US.rte 10.1.0.2 COMMITTED XL C/C++ Runtime xlC.rte... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

I want to tune NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. which NIC device should I modify.

Dear All I want tune my NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. In my system I have two NIC (eth0, eth1) and I have a bond0 ( eth0, eth1). Here is the question? Which device should I modify ? eth0 and eth1? or just modify bond0 or modify all device (eth0, eth1, bond0) Any advice is welcome.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Frame: NIC port down

NIC port is down on IBM Frame. From the back its slot C7/C8. The network switch is the problem, and a new switch will be coming into play. There's one VIO and one LPAR. How do i tell the port is down in the OS on the VIO? And how can i verify it's backup without pulling cables? We have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gps1976
1 Replies

8. Linux

Add two different subnet public IPs to single NIC or two different NIC on same box

Hello Admins, My ask is how can I add two different subnet IPs to same box with two different gateways? The issue is I can connect to the box when I am on ethernet LAN, but I am not able to connect to the same IP when I am on wifi. The server is RHEL 7 VM on vmware. How can I get connected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Configuring NIC device in Solaris 9 SPARC OS [QEMU]

I have Xubuntu 18.04 installed on my PC. I have created a 10G .img image file created by QEMU-IMG. I have installed inside of it Solaris 9 SPARC edition . If I try and mount the image file as a loop device (using sudo losetup /dev/loop0 /path-to-img-file) I can only mount it as read only. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphatron150
1 Replies
chxge(7D)							      Devices								 chxge(7D)

NAME
chxge - Chelsio Ethernet network interface controllers SYNOPSIS
/dev/chxge DESCRIPTION
The chxge Ethernet driver is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, STREAMS hardware driver supporting the connectionless Data Link Provider Interface, dlpi(7P), over Chelsio NIC controllers. Multiple (and mixed) NIC controllers installed within the system are sup- ported by the driver. The chxge driver provides basic support for the NIC hardware. Functions include chip initialization, frame transmit and receive, and error recovery and reporting. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The cloning, character-special device /dev/chxge is used to access NIC devices installed within the system. CHXGE AND DLPI
The chxge driver is dependent on /kernel/misc/gld, a loadable kernel module that provides the chxge driver with the DLPI and STREAMS functionality required of a LAN driver. See gld(7D) for more details on the primitives supported by the driver. The values returned by the driver in the DL_INFO_ACK primitive in response to the DL_INFO_REQ are: o Default Maximum SDU is 1500 (ETHERMTU). o dlsap address length is 8. o MAC type is DL_ETHER. o The sap length value is -2, meaning the physical address component is followed immediately by a 2-byte sap component within the DLSAP address. o Broadcast address value is Ethernet/IEEE broadcast address (FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF). FILES
/dev/chxge Character special device. /kernel/drv/sparcv9/chxge SPARC chxge driver binary. /kernel/drv/chxge x86 platform kernel module. (32-bit). /kernel/drv/amd64/chxge x86 platform kernel module. (64-bit). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
netstat(1M), attributes(5), gld(7D), dlpi(7P), gld(9F), gld_mac_info(9S) SunOS 5.11 17 Jan 2005 chxge(7D)