Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IBM VIOS AIX HMC Error
Operating Systems AIX IBM VIOS AIX HMC Error Post 303035136 by Phat on Wednesday 15th of May 2019 05:38:43 AM
Old 05-15-2019
Hi,

I just want to know the info, so, we build the lpar with AIX first and then install VIO software (kind of this) on that AIX lpar. Please correct me.

Quote:
When building up the lpar from the hmc, you chose AIX and not VIO.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with IBM 550 and HMC settings

I'm a Solaris and Debian/SuSE weenie, and I need some help setting the IP address of the remote web interface on an IBM 550 I plugged the port labled HMC1 to the network. The "network" is really a small linksys router that I use to test internet configs, as I can change the settings at will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Shock
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX, VIOS and DS4800 SAN

Hello I have a system with four AIX 5L V5.3 partitions and a Virtual I/O server, connected to a a DS4800 storage array. Now the company bought another DS4800... i made raid on it... and now i wanna give LUN's to the VIOS, so i can use in one of AIX partitions... Someone can help me? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfca
5 Replies

3. AIX

To see vhost on VIOS after creating an HMC profile

I created a profile in HMC for a new LPAR and activated it but not yet installed AIX. Is there a step to make this new LPAR available as vhostX from the VIO server after creating and activating an HMC profile? I already shared the CD-ROM device from the HMC profile. Thanks. -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner1
1 Replies

4. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX ran into error u0.1-p1-v2

Hi Guys, Is there any one can help me with the below error message dispalys on the LED panel. 10112633 u0.1-p1-v2 I bought a second hand IBM 7029 6C3 online several days ago. On the fist day, it can be ran well. but on second day, when i tried to boot up the machine, after few mins, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andylai
2 Replies

6. AIX

IBM VIOS POWERVM IVM error

Hi, When I try to login on my vios ivm website http://vios through the browser -- all three of them -- firefox , chrome , Internet Explorer , i get this error http://vioserver/j_security_check I have java installed on the machine from where i am trying to open up the IVM/VIOS webpage. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

7. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. AIX

Moving VIOS, LPAR's, HMC to different subnet

Hi, Just joined to new company with one Power 720 Express (8202-E4C) server and have no much experience with IBM systems. I am trying to move everything I mentioned to different subnet as required by customer contract (currently sitting on same subnet as company lan). Access to this subnet will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: spricer
8 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

10. AIX

Revisiting IBM PowerVM VIOS AIX

coming from this thread: https://www.unix.com/aix/211107-ibm-power-pseries-open-firmware-boot-vios-powervm-vet-code.html PowerVM, formerly known as Advanced Power Virtualization (APV), is a chargeable feature of IBM POWER5, POWER6, POWER7, POWER8, and POWER9 servers and is required for support... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
roar_vs_connection_obj(3)				   RoarAudio Programmer's Manual				 roar_vs_connection_obj(3)

NAME
roar_vs_connection_obj, roar_vs_stream_obj, roar_vs_vio_obj - VS API interface for use of main API SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> struct roar_connection * roar_vs_connection_obj(roar_vs_t * vss, int * error); struct roar_stream * roar_vs_stream_obj (roar_vs_t * vss, int * error); struct roar_vio_calls * roar_vs_vio_obj (roar_vs_t * vss, int * error); DESCRIPTION
Those functions return internal connection, stream and VIO object of the VS object. They are used to use the main API with a VS opened stream. roar_vs_connection_obj() returns the connection object used for the control connection to the server. roar_vs_stream_obj() returns the stream object storing information about the stream. roar_vs_vio_obj() returns the VIO object used to read data from or send data to the server. Returned objects are freed as soon as the VS object is closed. If the VS object was created using roar_vs_new_from_con(3) the connection is not closed by the VS object and stay valid after close until it is closed by the program or library. The VIO object MUST NOT be used while in buffered mode. PARAMETERS
vss The VS object to return internal objects from. error This is a pointer to a integer used to store the error value in case of error. This can be NULL if not used but it is very recom- mended to use this error value to report good error messages to the user. RETURN VALUE
On success these calls return the described object. On error, NULL is returned. EXAMPLES
FIXME SEE ALSO
roarvs(7), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio May 2011 roar_vs_connection_obj(3)