Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If condition on shell not working , not sure what is the mistake I am doing? Post 303034952 by Scrutinizer on Friday 10th of May 2019 12:27:35 AM
Old 05-10-2019
There must be spaces around the square brackets. Try:

Code:
if [ "$SERVER_NAME" = "$i" ]

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition not working

Hi Gurus, I have shell script in which i have to check if time is between to possible value or not. For that i am using following line of code if then echo 'Found In Between' echo $ftime ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MANISH KU
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to check the condition.

:) Hi, I want to script for this scenerio, OSR Settings Scenario : We are looking to find all the *.a files from the following locations in the filesystem of a server. OSR Directories /etc /bin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /var/adm These *.a files should have the permissions on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthilinux
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wild card in if condition not working

Hi, I am using RHEL5. I have following if condition. if In the above condition, if the value of a contains word WARNING, it should match. i.e., WARNING_MESSAGE, CRITICAL WARNING, WARNING ALERT etc. it should match. For b, alert error, ALERT ERROR, ERROR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED, etc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user7509
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

If condition and htm not working

checkSync() { CONNECT_STRING=TLDB61/TLDB61@TL10G SQLPLUS_SETTINGS="SET PAGESIZE 0 LINESIZE 1500 ECHO OFF TRIMS ON TAB OFF FEEDBACK OFF HEADING OFF" SQL_RESULT_SYNC_PMCM=`sqlplus -s ${CONNECT_STRING} << EOF ${SQLPLUS_SETTINGS} (SELECT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition against a ARRAY in shell script

Hi, I want to check a particular string inserted by User to be checked against the values i already have in a ARRAY string using IF condition. Is this possible? if yes how to do that. example : i have a,b,c,d,e,f values in a array called values i asked user to enter a value: user entered... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh to transfer file not working inside if-condition

Hi all, ssh uname@remote_server 'cat /tmp/remote_file_name > home_dir/a512386/new/local_file_name' The above given command is working fine. but if i try to move the file only if exists in the remote server i.e) giving the same within if condition it executes but the file is not stored in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While condition in shell script

while do if ;then read driverName else driverName="" fi done can anyone please explain what exactly is happening on 1st line...is it like the conditions being ORed...I have no clue about this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell variable as awk condition

Hi, I'm trying to automate part of a script which uses awk to grab out some lines of a log file based on certain fields matching. For example, my log file looks something like the following (but 1000s of lines): 1 Tom 123 abc 345 2 Dick 345 abc 678 3 Harry 567 abc 345 4 Tom 345 cde 345... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help to add Condition in Shell Script..

Hi Team, I m very new to shell scripting , i want to add following condition in my script . Can anybody help me. There are three port in My node "$port" port_A port_B port_C I Want to add following Conditions in my script. If Node is connected to port_A and port_B script... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If condition is not working and getting error

Hi Team, If condition is not working properly and getting below error # ./score1.sh Enter your score ('q' for quit): 102 Enter your score ('q' for quit): q ./score1.sh: line 9: q: integer expression expected Average is: 102%. Exit. Actual code # Calculate the average of given... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Torrid
3 Replies
pthread_condattr_init(3T)												 pthread_condattr_init(3T)

NAME
pthread_condattr_init(), pthread_condattr_destroy() - initialize or destroy a condition variable attributes object. SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
attr Pointer to the condition variable attributes object to be initialized or destroyed. DESCRIPTION
initializes the condition variable attributes object attr with the default values for all attributes. The attributes object describes a condition variable in detail and is passed to the condition variable initialization function. When a condition variable attributes object is used to initialize a condition variable, the values of the individual attributes determine the characteristics of the new condition variable. Attributes objects act like additional parameters to object initialization. A single attributes object can be used in multiple calls to the function When a condition variable is initialized with an attributes object, the attributes are, in effect, copied into the condition variable. Consequently, any change to the attributes object will not affect any previously initialized condition variables. Once all condition vari- ables needing a specific attributes object have been initialized, the attributes object is no longer needed. The condition variable attributes and their default values are: The default value is If an initialized condition variable attributes object is reinitialized, undefined behavior results. destroys the condition variable attributes object attr. The destroyed condition variable attributes object ceases to exist and its resources are reclaimed. Using attr after it has been destroyed results in undefined behavior. A destroyed condition variable attributes object can be reinitialized using the function Condition variables that have been already initialized using this attributes object are not affected by the destruction of the condition variable attributes object. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [ENOMEM] There is insufficient memory available in which to initialize the condition variable attributes object. [EINVAL] attr is not a valid condition variable attributes object. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] attr is not a valid condition variable attributes object. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_condattr_getpshared(3T), pthread_cond_init(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_condattr_init(3T)