Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Variable definition inside mysql query Post 303034928 by ctsgnb on Thursday 9th of May 2019 11:27:42 AM
Old 05-09-2019
No sure whether or not it will make a difference, but maybe you can give a try enclosing column name in back tick like `column_name`

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What wrong with the variable definition

i am using the below script and trying to move files in that directory in that pattern to archive. But it doesn;t seem to take the metacharacters. Please sugggest. Code Debug output: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable from shell script to mysql query?

I heard this was possible but from my research I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Seems it should be simple enough. Basically from a high level view I'm trying to accomplish... . $X='grep foo blah.log' then 'mysql command SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE ' . $X or something like that. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kero
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable inside variable inside loop headache

Hi Gurus I have a file called /tmp/CMDB which looks like this serial: 0623AN1208 hostname: server1 model: x4100 assetID: 1234 I am writing a for loop that will go through this file line by line creating a variable of itself. Using the first iteration of the loop (i.e. the first line) as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable with variable definition is stored in a variable?

Hi all, I have a variable say var1 (output from somewhere, which I can't change)which store something like this: echo $var1 name=fred age=25 address="123 abc" password=pass1234 how can I make the variable $name, $age, $address and $password contain the info? I mean do this in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash assign mysql query single field to variable

I'm running a bash script query and assigning the output to a variable like this: exists=`mysql -u $USER_NAME --password=$PASSWORD -D "somedb" \ -e "SELECT * FROM somedb.sometable WHERE field1 ='$a' \ AND field2 ='$b' LIMIT 0 , 30";` which returns something like: echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a shell script variable in a mysql query using 'LIKE'

Hello. I am writing a simple script that reads a text file and removes records from a mysql database. The items in the text file are of the format: firstname.middle.lastXXX, where XXX is a 3 digit number. The table has an email field that will match the firstname.middle.last. So, I thought I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is inside the definition of Unix?

Is FreeBSD and OpenBSD considered Unix? What O.S does Most of the forum members use? How popular are Licensed Unix operating systems for home users? Additionally I thought Linux was a Minux fork and BSD was a Unix fork. Thanks in ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Variable definition

Hi all, I'm bit new to the advanced bash shell scripting. When I'm looking at some of the existing code in my organization, got confused with a few variable definings. For ex: var1={1:-30} var2="abc def ghi" var3={xyz:-$var2} In above, 1st and last lines are confusing me.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Environment variable definition

I'm a bit confused about the term ‘environment variables'. Within your shell you can set two types of variables: 1. Shell variable - affecting functionality within your shell 2. User defined variable When using the ‘export' command on a variable you make sure it's being inherited by new sub... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niels
2 Replies
Jifty::RightsFrom(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Jifty::RightsFrom(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::RightsFrom - Delegate access control to a related object SYNOPSIS
package Application::Model::Thing; use Jifty::DBI::Schema; use Application::Record schema { column owner => refers_to Application::Model::Person; } use Jifty::RightsFrom column => 'owner'; DESCRIPTION
Provides a "delegate_current_user_can" method that various task-related objects can use as a base to make their own access control decisions based on their task. "current_user_can" in Jifty::Record uses this method to make an access control decision if it exists. Note that this means that a model class can use Jifty::RightsFrom, and still have a custom "current_user_can" method, and they will not interfere with each other. export_curried_sub HASHREF Takes: sub_name The subroutine in this package that you want to export. export_to The name of the package you want to export to. as The name your new curried sub should be exported into in the package "export_to" args (arrayref) The arguments you want to hand to your sub. delegate_current_user_can 'column', $column_name, $right_name, @attributes Make a decision about permissions based on checking permissions on the column of this record specified in the call to "import". "create", "delete", and "update" rights all check for the "update" right on the delegated object. On create, we look in the passed attributes for an argument with the name of that column. perl v5.14.2 2010-09-25 Jifty::RightsFrom(3pm)