Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Disabling CBC Cipher mode causes login problems Post 303034852 by Neo on Wednesday 8th of May 2019 06:00:52 AM
Old 05-08-2019
OBTW did you try this?

To disable CBC mode ciphers and weak MAC algorithms (MD5 and -96), add the following lines into the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file.

Code:
 Ciphers aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,arcfour256,arcfour128
 MACs hmac-sha1,umac-64@openssh.com,hmac-ripemd160

Then (on linux)

Code:
 service sshd restart

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Disabling root login

Hy, Coud someone tell me how to disable root login via terminal (only from console should be allowed). There is no ssh installed, only telnet. I created a user which will have permission to su to root, but now i don't know where and what to modify to disable root login? SCO OpenServer 5 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

2. AIX

Problems with disabling remote root login

Hello! I'm going through security checklist for AIX 5.3 and i just can't disable remote login for root through ssh. What i did: - in /etc/security/user i added a line: rlogin = false which works fine when i try to login through telnet - after installation of openSSH i edited... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veccinho
3 Replies

3. AIX

disabling telnet login for root only

Hi, I want to disable telnet login for root only so that other users can telnet? Regards, Manoj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
8 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Script Implementation for Disabling Re-Opening Previous Login

Ok guys, I'm just getting back to this amongst several other projects, but I thought I'd re-address it. I'm creating the script to disable windows from the previous login under 10.7. In order to do this it seems I need to create the same script for applications that launch and create the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
6 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Login Problems when the system is grub mode

Hi Experts, I am using ubuntu.When i am trying to login it is showing grub ..How i can overcome to this problem..Pls reply me ASAP.. Thanks, Sree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sree vasu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Console-login in maintainance mode

I have a v490 server running Solaris 10. Everytime I reboot this machine, the console-login service goes to maintainance mode and I have to provide the root password. All the other dependencies are running fine and nothing there in the logs too. To bring it online, I have to enable it manually. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksijain
1 Replies

7. Debian

Disabling emergency and init mode

Hello all friends I recently disable runlevel 1 i want to know , is there any way to disable emergency mode and init mode init mode means if any user pass kernel parameter at grub i.e init=/bin/bash then bash shell appears I want to disable it for security purpose System = Debian 6... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
4 Replies

8. Linux

Not able to login in graphical mode

Hi Guys After installing my CentOS in virtual machine i am not able to get the graphical mode. By default it is going in TUI mode. Please help how to get the graphical mode by default. I am already in init 5..... Thanks...:wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deviltech
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Need to disable CBC mode cipher encryption along with MD5 & 96 bit MAC algorithm

Hi All Is any one know how to diable CBC mode cipher encryption along with MD5 & 96 bit MAC algorithm in solaris 10. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
4 Replies
Rijndael(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Rijndael(3pm)

NAME
Crypt::Rijndael - Crypt::CBC compliant Rijndael encryption module SYNOPSIS
use Crypt::Rijndael; # keysize() is 32, but 24 and 16 are also possible # blocksize() is 16 $cipher = Crypt::Rijndael->new( "a" x 32, Crypt::Rijndael::MODE_CBC() ); $cipher->set_iv($iv); $crypted = $cipher->encrypt($plaintext); # - OR - $plaintext = $cipher->decrypt($crypted); DESCRIPTION
This module implements the Rijndael cipher, which has just been selected as the Advanced Encryption Standard. keysize Returns the keysize, which is 32 (bytes). The Rijndael cipher actually supports keylengths of 16, 24 or 32 bytes, but there is no way to communicate this to "Crypt::CBC". blocksize The blocksize for Rijndael is 16 bytes (128 bits), although the algorithm actually supports any blocksize that is any multiple of our bytes. 128 bits, is however, the AES-specified block size, so this is all we support. $cipher = Crypt::Rijndael->new( $key [, $mode] ) Create a new "Crypt::Rijndael" cipher object with the given key (which must be 128, 192 or 256 bits long). The additional $mode argument is the encryption mode, either "MODE_ECB" (electronic codebook mode, the default), "MODE_CBC" (cipher block chaining, the same that "Crypt::CBC" does), "MODE_CFB" (128-bit cipher feedback), "MODE_OFB" (128-bit output feedback), or "MODE_CTR" (counter mode). ECB mode is very insecure (read a book on cryptography if you dont know why!), so you should probably use CBC mode. $cipher->set_iv($iv) This allows you to change the initial value vector used by the chaining modes. It is not relevant for ECB mode. $cipher->encrypt($data) Encrypt data. The size of $data must be a multiple of "blocksize" (16 bytes), otherwise this function will croak. Apart from that, it can be of (almost) any length. $cipher->decrypt($data) Decrypts $data. Encryption modes Use these constants to select the cipher type: MODE_CBC - Cipher Block Chaining MODE_CFB - Cipher feedback MODE_CTR - Counter mode MODE_ECB - Electronic cookbook mode MODE_OFB - Output feedback MODE_PCBC - ignore this one for now :) SEE ALSO
Crypt::CBC, http://www.csrc.nist.gov/encryption/aes/ BUGS
Should EXPORT or EXPORT_OK the MODE constants. AUTHOR
Currently maintained by brian d foy, "<bdfoy@cpan.org>". Original code by Rafael R. Sevilla. The Rijndael Algorithm was developed by Vincent Rijmen and Joan Daemen, and has been selected as the US Government's Advanced Encryption Standard. SOURCE
This code is in Github: git://github.com/briandfoy/crypt-rijndael.git LICENSE
This software is licensed under the Lesser GNU Public License. See the included COPYING file for details. perl v5.14.2 2009-12-10 Rijndael(3pm)