Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Climate change anyone?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Climate change anyone? Post 303034791 by wisecracker on Monday 6th of May 2019 03:43:50 PM
Old 05-06-2019
Judging by the curves that have been created from all the data world wide it reminds me of a forwards biased diode.

A period of little or no change within limits as EMF is applied, which then hits a knee as said limit is exceeded that heads towards meltdown rapidly as more EMF is applied, culminating into total destruction once a certain PD is reached across its two _poles_.

That looks like our planet's demise except instead of EMF/PD we are looking at Degrees Celsius/Centigrade and gaseous materials that retain heat as they absorb heat radiation. The sad fact is that those _black_body_ gases are being generated in large quantities by man by many various means.
Nature is also playing its part too so the aggregate becomes a dangerous combined quantity.

It is not looking too good for advanced lifeforms on this tiny blue pebble we live on but I suspect amoebae and bacteria will survive and start evolution all over again.
That is until this little blue pebble is absorbed by an expanding sun in around 4 Billion, (short scale), years time.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

How to change ip ?

hi , Is there anyway to change ip on sco5.04 i tried using netconfig on the prompt but gives me error . how do u manually change ip cant use acoadmin and netconfig .... thx art (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art_malabanan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change 43% to 43.5

I have a column in % and I want to display it as a one decimal place number for sorting - what function would I be looking at for dropping the % sign? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

7. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
CHMOD(1)						      General Commands Manual							  CHMOD(1)

NAME
chmod - change mode SYNOPSIS
chmod mode file ... DESCRIPTION
The mode of each named file is changed according to mode, which may be absolute or symbolic. An absolute mode is an octal number con- structed from the OR of the following modes: 4000 set user ID on execution 2000 set group ID on execution 1000 sticky bit, see chmod(2) 0400 read by owner 0200 write by owner 0100 execute (search in directory) by owner 0070 read, write, execute (search) by group 0007 read, write, execute (search) by others A symbolic mode has the form: [who] op permission [op permission] ... The who part is a combination of the letters u (for user's permissions), g (group) and o (other). The letter a stands for ugo. If who is omitted, the default is a but the setting of the file creation mask (see umask(2)) is taken into account. Op can be + to add permission to the file's mode, - to take away permission and = to assign permission absolutely (all other bits will be reset). Permission is any combination of the letters r (read), w (write), x (execute), s (set owner or group id) and t (save text - sticky). Let- ters u, g or o indicate that permission is to be taken from the current mode. Omitting permission is only useful with = to take away all permissions. The first example denies write permission to others, the second makes a file executable: chmod o-w file chmod +x file Multiple symbolic modes separated by commas may be given. Operations are performed in the order specified. The letter s is only useful with u or g. Only the owner of a file (or the super-user) may change its mode. SEE ALSO
ls(1), chmod(2), chown (1), stat(2), umask(2) CHMOD(1)