Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX system dump analysis
Operating Systems AIX AIX system dump analysis Post 303034776 by tomato00 on Sunday 5th of May 2019 08:52:23 PM
Old 05-05-2019
i post your request. Please check it.

Code:
[root]:/ >lslpp -l |grep bos.mp
  bos.mp64                  6.1.7.15  COMMITTED  Base Operating System 64-bit
  bos.mp64                  6.1.7.15  COMMITTED  Base Operating System 64-bit
[root]:/ >ls -l /unix
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     system           21 Sep 03 2012  /unix -> /usr/lib/boot/unix_64

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to do core dump analysis

Hi All, I am new to unix environment. Please tell me how to do coredump analysis. Please explain clearly with example. What are the details are available in the core. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sip
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Core Dump Analysis Using PStack and PMAP

Hello, I'm new to the group and this is my first post. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a core dump that I need to analyze from a Unix box and I've never done this sort of thing before. I was told to run a pmap and pstack on the core file which provided two different output files. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimblebee
3 Replies

3. Solaris

use sunexplorer and vmcore analysis result instead of vmcore dump file itself.

in solaris 8 environment,frequently os panic happened and someone advise me check vmcore.:( for crash dump facility can we use SUNEXPLORER data collector package including with analyse result of vmcore like ? It may provides panic message included program counter address, perhaps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahadib
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to do core dump analysis in AIX?

Please tell me some methods to analyse core dump in AIX.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mythili
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

core dump analysis : __kernel_vsyscall ()

We have just enabled core dump on our RHEL5.7 OS. the java process is terminating very often so we enable core dump to analysis the issue and find below in core dump file. Core was generated by `/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_06//bin/java -server -Xms1536m -Xmx1536m -Xmn576m -XX:+Aggre'. Program... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawankkamboj
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learn Linux Core Dump Analysis

Can any body provide me some good link to learn to create and analyze linux user mode application / kernel module core dumps? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies
dump(9E)							Driver Entry Points							  dump(9E)

NAME
dump - dump memory to device during system failure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> intprefixdump(dev_t dev, caddr_t addr, daddr_t blkno, int nblk); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris specific (Solaris DDI). This entry point is required. For drivers that do not implement dump() routines, nodev(9F) should be used. ARGUMENTS
dev Device number. addr Address for the beginning of the area to be dumped. blkno Block offset to dump memory. nblk Number of blocks to dump. DESCRIPTION
dump() is used to dump a portion of virtual address space directly to a device in the case of system failure. It can also be used for checking the state of the kernel during a checkpoint operation. The memory area to be dumped is specified by addr (base address) and nblk (length). It is dumped to the device specified by dev starting at offset blkno. Upon completion dump() returns the status of the transfer. When the system is panicking, the calls of functions scheduled by timeout(9F) and ddi_trigger_softintr(9F) will never occur. Neither can delay(9F) be relied upon, since it is implemented via timeout(). See ddi_in_panic(9F). dump() is called at interrupt priority. RETURN VALUES
dump() returns 0 on success, or the appropriate error number. SEE ALSO
cpr(7), nodev(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2001 dump(9E)