Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Climate change anyone?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Climate change anyone? Post 303034678 by stomp on Thursday 2nd of May 2019 08:03:18 AM
Old 05-02-2019
Climate change anyone?

Hi all together,

The US President considers this topic as not serious. Here in Germany there it's taken very serious, made a lot of words, but little action.

As far as I am reading now - written here quite clearly ... [1] N.Y. Times - loosing earth or as video with the current state of scientific data from the campgain XR here: [2] XR - Heading for Extinction, there had been roughly 40 years since the first urgent warnings widespread in the media. Forecasts had been overfullfilled. More extreme weather phenomena are rising in terms of draughts and floods and others. Nevertheless CO2 emissions had been rising for the last 40 years.

Science states the consequences of different levels of temperature rises. If the world and most countries would fulfill the goals which were agreed upon an avoidance to global scale temperature rise up to 2 degrees can be achieved. A mark where catastrophes will be mostly bearable for major areas in the world.

Since there had been done mostly nothing in the last 40 years it is unlikely that limitation of 2 degrees will be achieved. In higher levels of temperature rise additional tipping points [3] Tipping Points in the Climate System come into play in zones of temperature rise(melting of ice sheets, massive forest dieback,...) which will cause further acceleration to the situation.

What do you think about climate change?
Is it a joke/fake/not serious enough/lobby driven campaign for you?

Regards,
stomp

[1] N.Y. Times: Loosing Earth
Losing Earth: The Decade We Almost Stopped Climate Change - The New York Times

[2] Video: XR: Heading for Exctinction and what to do about it
YouTube

[3] Tipping Points in the climate system
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tippin...climate_system

Last edited by stomp; 05-03-2019 at 04:42 AM..
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to stomp For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

How to change ip ?

hi , Is there anyway to change ip on sco5.04 i tried using netconfig on the prompt but gives me error . how do u manually change ip cant use acoadmin and netconfig .... thx art (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art_malabanan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change 43% to 43.5

I have a column in % and I want to display it as a one decimal place number for sorting - what function would I be looking at for dropping the % sign? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

7. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies