Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need get data from XML file through shell script.. Post 303034677 by nezabudka on Thursday 2nd of May 2019 07:06:38 AM
Old 05-02-2019
gnu version
Code:
grep -B1 -A7 "ERROR" file | grep "<timestamp\|<severity\|<message"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from xml- shell script using awk

Hi, This is the xml file that i have. - <front-servlet platform="WAS4.0" request-retriever="SiteMinder-aware" configuration-rescan-interval="60000"> <concurrency-throttle maximum-concurrency="50" redirect-page="/jsp/defaulterror.jsp" /> - <loggers> <instrumentation... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishana
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to extract data from XML file

Hello Scripting Gurus, I need help with extracting data from the XML file using shell script. The data is in a large XML and I need to extract the id values of all completedworkflows. Here is a sample of it. Input and output data is also in the attached text files. <wfregistry>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to Data File in Shell Script

Hi All, I will be getting a huge XML file with a lot of records in it. I need to convert it into multiple data files. SAMPLE XML FILE <ABSProductCatalog xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> - <ProductSalesHierachy> - <Portfolios> - <Portfolio productCode="P1"> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data in repeating tags from xml

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I need to extract data between repeating tags from an xml file and store the data in an array to process it further. <ns1:root xmlns:ns1="http://example.com/config"> <ns1:interface>in1</ns1:interface> <ns1:operation attribute1="true" attribute2="abd"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailendra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Parse the XML data along with the URL in Shell Script?

Hi, Can anybody help to solve this. I want to parse some xmldata along with the URL in the Shell. I'm calling the URL via the curl command Given below is my shell script file export... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Megala
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to read XML tags and the data within that tag

Hi unix Gurus, I am really new to Unix Scripting. Please help me to create a shell script which reads the xml file and from that i need to fetch a particular information. For example <SOURCE BUSINESSNAME ="" DATABASETYPE ="Teradata" DBDNAME ="DWPROD3" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmilePlease
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from xml file using shell scripting?

Hi evry1, This is my 1st post in this forum.Pls help me I want to extract some data froma xml file which has 2000 lines using shell scripting. Actually my xml file has some "audio and video codes" which i need to arrange in a column wise format after extracting it using shell scripting.I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_kohan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from XML file using shell scripting?

Hi , I have input file as XML. following are input data #complex.xml Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><TEST_doc xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <ENTRY uid="123456"> <protein> <name>PROT001</name> <organism>Human</organism> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun_kohan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass some data from csv to xml file using shell/python

Hello gurus, I have a csv file with bunch of datas in each column. (see attached) Now I have an .xml file in the structure of below: ?xml version="1.0" ?> <component id="root" name="root"> <component id="system" name="system"> <param name="number_of_A" value="8"/> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
5 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD