Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Google Webmaster Tools Shows Problems with Soft 404 Errors Post 303034636 by vbe on Wednesday 1st of May 2019 11:00:24 AM
Old 05-01-2019
I feel a bit guilty because I have noticed a few months ago strange behaviour and yes 404 errors quite often when just wanting to follow old posts and change room, I believed it was due to revamp of the site and so something normal, that is why I mentioned once I was a bit lost... I should have been more explicit and mentioned I also noticed these 404 appearing from time to time, but now I see no more...
Is it possible in Google DB the refs to links are now obsolete and needs a good refresh? This reminds me of when HP restructures ITRC, even now you may fall on pages not found... just like apps that had the server name(physical) or IP hard coded, you migrate and nothing works... though all is the same except for the server name or IP (HP did worse...)
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Tape Status shows 2 Hard errors and 5 Underruns on new tape

when I do a tape status /dev/rStp0 I get the following on a new tape and I have tried several: Status : ready beginning-of-tape soft errors : 0 hard errors: 2 underruns: 5 My BackupEdge has stopped backing up my system because it asks for a new volume yet my total system data is under 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting hard or soft disk errors in Solaris

I am looking for some tips or suggestions in how to do the following. 1) From a Solaris server, I run the command iostat -En and receive output that is similiar to the following which shows your disks along with the cdrom/dvdrom: c0t2d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunsysadm2003
1 Replies

3. Solaris

soft errors in soalris

hi friends, How will you clear the soft error on disk ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris with Soft Errors in XIV

Hi guys, I had a solaris box, with veritas controled disk. 1 disc is showing soft errors, how can I repair the soft errors? Please help. Cheers; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with wget and 404 errors

I am trying to use wget to make a local copy of this website accuscore.com/fantasy-sports/nfl-fantasy-sports/Current-Week-DEF-ST (i have the http:// in front, but the forum will not allow me to put it in at this time) Whenever i try to use wget i receive an "Error 404: Not found". I tried the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: problemss
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Google Search Console - Mobile Usability - No Errors or Issues - New Milestone

For the first time in the history of the site Google Search Console (GSC) has unix.com showing "no mobile viewability errors". This is no small achievement considering the hundreds of thousand of lines of legacy code we run at a site which has been around much longer than Facebook or LinkedIn: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search

Getting a bit more comfortable making quick YT videos in 4K, here is: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search Console https://youtu.be/I6b9T2qcqFo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
gdal2tiles(1)						      General Commands Manual						     gdal2tiles(1)

NAME
gdal2tiles - gdal2tiles.py generates directory with TMS tiles, KMLs and simple web viewers SYNOPSIS
gdal2tiles.py [-title "Title"] [-publishurl http://yourserver/dir/] [-nogooglemaps] [-noopenlayers] [-nokml] [-googlemapskey KEY] [-forcekml] [-v] input_file [output_dir] DESCRIPTION
This utility generates a directory with small tiles and metadata, following OSGeo Tile Map Service Specification. Simple web pages with viewers based on Google Maps and OpenLayers are generated as well - so anybody can comfortably explore your maps on-line and you do not need to install or configure any special software (like mapserver) and the map displays very fast in the webbrowser. You only need to upload generated directory into a web server. GDAL2Tiles creates also necessary metadata for Google Earth (KML SuperOverlay), in case the supplied map uses EPSG:4326 projection. World files and embedded georeference is used during tile generation, but you can publish a picture without proper georeference too. -p PROFILE, --profile=PROFILE: Tile cutting profile (mercator,geodetic,raster) - default 'mercator' (Google Maps compatible). -r RESAMPLING, --resampling=RESAMPLING: Resampling method (average,near,bilinear,cubic,cubicspline,lanczos,antialias) - default 'average'. -s SRS, --s_srs=SRS: The spatial reference system used for the source input data. -z ZOOM, --zoom=ZOOM: Zoom levels to render (format:'2-5' or '10'). -e, --resume: Resume mode. Generate only missing files. -a NODATA, --srcnodata=NODATA: NODATA transparency value to assign to the input data. -v, --verbose Generate verbose output of tile generation. -h, --help Show help message and exit. --version Show program's version number and exit. KML (Google Earth) options: Options for generated Google Earth SuperOverlay metadata -k, --force-kml Generate KML for Google Earth - default for 'geodetic' profile and 'raster' in EPSG:4326. For a dataset with different projection use with caution! -n, --no-kml: Avoid automatic generation of KML files for EPSG:4326. -u URL, --url=URL: URL address where the generated tiles are going to be published. Web viewer options: Options for generated HTML viewers a la Google Maps -w WEBVIEWER, --webviewer=WEBVIEWER: Web viewer to generate (all,google,openlayers,none) - default 'all'. -t TITLE, --title=TITLE: Title of the map. -c COPYRIGHT, --copyright=COPYRIGHT: Copyright for the map. -g GOOGLEKEY, --googlekey=GOOGLEKEY: Google Maps API key from http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html. -y YAHOOKEY, --yahookey=YAHOOKEY: Yahoo Application ID from http://developer.yahoo.com/wsregapp/. NOTE: gdal2tiles.py is a Python script that needs to be run against 'new generation' Python GDAL binding. AUTHORS
Klokan Petr Pridal klokan@klokan.cz as a Google SoC 2007 Project. GDAL
Tue Sep 18 2012 gdal2tiles(1)