Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Google Webmaster Tools Shows Problems with Soft 404 Errors Post 303034632 by Neo on Wednesday 1st of May 2019 09:30:18 AM
Old 05-01-2019
Google Webmaster Tools Shows Problems with Soft 404 Errors

Well,

Sorry, but I cannot seem to fix the problem with the steady decline of ranking for unix.com pages with Google.

Google Webmaster Tools show that they are dropping our pages from the indexes more and more because of "Soft 404" errors which started after we moved to the new data center.

I cannot find the problem and the pages serve fine but Google shows these "Soft 404" errors.

I'm lost.

This is why our traffic at unix.com continues to fall, and I cannot find a way to fix it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Tape Status shows 2 Hard errors and 5 Underruns on new tape

when I do a tape status /dev/rStp0 I get the following on a new tape and I have tried several: Status : ready beginning-of-tape soft errors : 0 hard errors: 2 underruns: 5 My BackupEdge has stopped backing up my system because it asks for a new volume yet my total system data is under 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting hard or soft disk errors in Solaris

I am looking for some tips or suggestions in how to do the following. 1) From a Solaris server, I run the command iostat -En and receive output that is similiar to the following which shows your disks along with the cdrom/dvdrom: c0t2d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunsysadm2003
1 Replies

3. Solaris

soft errors in soalris

hi friends, How will you clear the soft error on disk ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris with Soft Errors in XIV

Hi guys, I had a solaris box, with veritas controled disk. 1 disc is showing soft errors, how can I repair the soft errors? Please help. Cheers; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with wget and 404 errors

I am trying to use wget to make a local copy of this website accuscore.com/fantasy-sports/nfl-fantasy-sports/Current-Week-DEF-ST (i have the http:// in front, but the forum will not allow me to put it in at this time) Whenever i try to use wget i receive an "Error 404: Not found". I tried the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: problemss
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Google Search Console - Mobile Usability - No Errors or Issues - New Milestone

For the first time in the history of the site Google Search Console (GSC) has unix.com showing "no mobile viewability errors". This is no small achievement considering the hundreds of thousand of lines of legacy code we run at a site which has been around much longer than Facebook or LinkedIn: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search

Getting a bit more comfortable making quick YT videos in 4K, here is: Search Engine Optimization | How To Fix Soft 404 Errors and A.I. Tales from Google Search Console https://youtu.be/I6b9T2qcqFo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
gflags2man(1)							   User Commands						     gflags2man(1)

NAME
gflags2man - runs a Google flags base program and generates a man page. SYNOPSIS
gflags2man [FLAGS]... DESCRIPTION
gflags2man runs a Google flags base program and generates a man page. Run the program, parse the output, and then format that into a man page. Usage: gflags2man <program> [program] ... OPTIONS
gflags2man --dest_dir Directory to write resulting manpage to. Specify '-' for stdout (default: '/tmp') -?,--[no]help show this help --help_flag Option to pass to target program in to get help (default: '--help') --[no]helpshort show usage only for this module --[no]helpxml like --help, but generates XML output --v verbosity level to use for output (default: '0') (an integer) gflags --flagfile Insert flag definitions from the given file into the command line. --undefok comma-separated list of flag names that it is okay to specify on the command line even if the program does not define a flag with that name. IMPORTANT: flags in this list that have arguments MUST use the --flag=value format. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Google. Gflags2man created this page from "gflags2man --help" output. Gflags2man was written by Dan Christian. Note that the date on this page is the modification date of gflags2man. gflags2man 01/05/10 gflags2man(1)