Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help finding a video faster
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help finding a video faster Post 303034612 by jgt on Tuesday 30th of April 2019 08:19:06 PM
Old 04-30-2019
1. Restrict the search to the file system where you think the file is.
2. Reduce the number of files per directory.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

needed help in finding a suitable video player!

Hi all, I had been using kde 3.5.8 for a while on solaris but the problem was that i was not able to use Gnome for some strange reasons... It constantly used to misbehave. (Whether it was cde-login or gdm) So i had to remove kde completely and now am left with no video or audio players . So i... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
11 Replies

2. Linux

USB video capture? composite, s-video, etc

does anybody have any experience with any of these composite video to usb devices on linux? usb video capture - Google Product Search would like to get one but a linux newbie and having trouble figuring out if any are ported... i've found lots of things that link to freedesktop.org DisplayLink... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies
SOCKET_GETADDRINFO(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    SOCKET_GETADDRINFO(1p)

NAME
"socket_getaddrinfo" - command-line tool to "getaddrinfo(3)" resolver SYNOPSIS
socket_getaddrinfo [options...] host service DESCRIPTION
This tool provides a convenient command-line wrapper around the getaddrinfo(3) resolver function. It will perform a single lookup and print the returned results in a human-readable form. This is mainly useful when debugging address resolution problems, because it allows inspection of the getaddrinfo(3) behaviour itself, outside of any real program that is trying to use it. OPTIONS
--host, -H HOST Hostname to resolve. If not supplied, will use the first positional argument --service, -S SERVICE Service name or port number to resolve. If not supplied, will use the second positional argument. -4 Restrict to just "AF_INET" (IPv4) results -6 Restrict to just "AF_INET6" (IPv6) results --stream Restrict to just "SOCK_STREAM" results --dgram Restrict to just "SOCK_DGRAM" results --proto PROTO Restrict to just results of the given IP protocol --passive Set the "AI_PASSIVE" hint; results will used to bind() and listen() rather than connect() --canonical Retrive the canonical name for the requested host --help Display a help summary and exit OUTPUT FORMAT
Each line of output will be given in a form that indicates the four result fields of "ai_family", "ai_socktype", "ai_protocol" and "ai_addr". The first three are printed in the form of a socket(2) call, either symbolically or numerically, and the latter is printed as a plain string following it. For example socket(AF_INET , SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_TCP) + '127.0.0.1:80' NOTE
Upstream this script is known as "getaddrinfo", but was renamed on Debian. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-06-08 SOCKET_GETADDRINFO(1p)