Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Search the symbol table of a child process Post 303034487 by alphakili on Saturday 27th of April 2019 06:37:29 AM
Old 04-27-2019
Ok. Maybe I'll dig in just a bit to see, how much I can learn. I very much doubt, that my project would have any large impact anyway, so if I can just use it for leverage to some kind of understanding, then that is probably good. Thanks for the pointers, I am still scratching the surface, but it is very interesting indeed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

no symbol table

Hi@all, I try to compile c code on hpux 11.11 pa-risc 2 with gcc (32bit). I compile with the option -g, so that I get the symbol table, but it is not available. Does someone knows something on this? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dom_Cyrus
2 Replies

2. Programming

how to view symbol table in unix

hi , How to view the contents of a "c" program symbol table information in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanan_nitt
1 Replies

3. Linux

Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program

Folks, I have some program(Test.cpp) as follows, #include<iostream> class Abc { private: int _theVar; public : int printVar(); }; int Abc :: printVar() { _theVar=10; } main() { Abc _t; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_chitrali
0 Replies

4. Programming

Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program

Folks, I have some program(Test.cpp) as follows, #include<iostream> class Abc { private: int _theVar; public : int printVar(); }; int Abc :: printVar() { _theVar=10; } main() { Abc _t; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_chitrali
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make the parent process to wait for the child process

Hi All, I have two ksh script. 1st script calls the 2nd script and the second script calls an 'C' program. I want 1st script to wait until the 'C' program completes. I cant able to get the process id for the 'C' program (child process) to make the 1st script to wait for the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sennidurai
7 Replies

6. Programming

Symbol table of a C program

Hi, is there any command to see symbol table info. will it show where its allocating memory for varibales golbals & locals and code.(i mean the segments). i read there is a section called read only data segment and this is where initialized data such as strings stores. i have wriiten the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrUser
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KSH/Bash] Starting a parent process from a child process?

Hey all, I need to launch a script from within 2 other scripts that can run independently of the two parent scripts... Im having a hard time doing this, if anyone knows how please let me know. More detail. ScriptA (bash), ScriptB (ksh), ScriptC (bash) ScriptA, launches ScriptB ScirptB,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to get child process for a process

!/bin/sh pid=$(ps -Aj | grep MSTRSvr | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}') sid=$(ps -Aj | grep MSTRSvr | grep -v grep | awk '{print $3}') ps -s "$sid" I am not able to get the desired output it says process list error if i use watch ps -s "$sid" it considers only the first session id (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: schippada
5 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

signal between parent process and child process

Hello, everyone. Here's a program: pid_t pid = fork(); if (0 == pid) // child process { execvp ...; } I send a signal (such as SIGINT) to the parent process, the child process receive the signal as well as the parent process. However I don't want to child process to receive the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

forking a child process and kill its parent to show that child process has init() as its parent

Hi everyone i am very new to linux , working on bash shell. I am trying to solve the given problem 1. Create a process and then create children using fork 2. Check the Status of the application for successful running. 3. Kill all the process(threads) except parent and first child... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vizz_k
2 Replies
SDL_LockSurface(3)						 SDL API Reference						SDL_LockSurface(3)

NAME
SDL_LockSurface- Lock a surface for directly access. SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" int SDL_LockSurface(SDL_Surface *surface); DESCRIPTION
SDL_LockSurface sets up a surface for directly accessing the pixels. Between calls to SDL_LockSurface and SDL_UnlockSurface, you can write to and read from surface->pixels, using the pixel format stored in surface->format. Once you are done accessing the surface, you should use SDL_UnlockSurface to release it. Not all surfaces require locking. If SDL_MUSTLOCK(surface) evaluates to 0, then you can read and write to the surface at any time, and the pixel format of the surface will not change. No operating system or library calls should be made between lock/unlock pairs, as critical system locks may be held during this time. It should be noted, that since SDL 1.1.8 surface locks are recursive. This means that you can lock a surface multiple times, but each lock must have a match unlock. . . SDL_LockSurface( surface ); . /* Surface is locked */ /* Direct pixel access on surface here */ . SDL_LockSurface( surface ); . /* More direct pixel access on surface */ . SDL_UnlockSurface( surface ); /* Surface is still locked */ /* Note: Is versions < 1.1.8, the surface would have been */ /* no longer locked at this stage */ . SDL_UnlockSurface( surface ); /* Surface is now unlocked */ . . RETURN VALUE
SDL_LockSurface returns 0, or -1 if the surface couldn't be locked. SEE ALSO
SDL_UnlockSurface SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:01 SDL_LockSurface(3)