Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed - Script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help needed - Script Post 303034413 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 25th of April 2019 05:55:58 AM
Old 04-25-2019
Hello edujs7,

IMHO you should open 1 thread for each question, else people who are seeing this thread in future could be confused. So I am answering very first question of yours. Could you please try following.
Code:
cat script.ksh
user_name="$1"
awk -v user="$user_name" -F':' '$1==user{print "Home directory for user " user " is: "$(NF-1)}'  /etc/passwd

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed

Hi I am looking for the script which can move 1month old data from a TXT file.actully in this file data is appended on daily basis.pleasehalp me out. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help needed

I have a code given below... ERROR=`grep "Job Status" ${LOG_FILE}` ERROR=${ERROR##*\(} ERROR=${ERROR%%\)*} if then echo "The job completed successfully" EXIT_STATUS=0 else echo "The job failed" EXIT_STATUS=1 fi can anybody tell me what is ERROR=${ERROR##*\(}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sagarddd
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

script needed

hi i am new to linux world please help me,i have two files in diff location i need to compare both and i need to see difference b/w them ex /media/txt (file1) xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx /media/rev/ (file2) rev is a folder which contains some files so i need to compare the files in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: revenna
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed for a script!!

Hi!! Im new to shell scripting. I have an important assignment to complete in my company tomorrow. Please help me. I have to write an interactive script which does the following thing: There is a file named ""rules"in a folder say /home/f1/ . This file contains text in the form: 123 345... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul195
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed in Sh script

hi, Im trying to select from a sql using shell script and once i get count i need to add the count to the subject line and send mail to every1.. ex : Select count(*) from emp; In Shell script echo $PASSWORD|$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus $USERID@$DBNAME @$SCRIPT_DIR/emp_count.sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkumsi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in script needed

Hi, I am developing a script for writing out the failed jobs in file, 1)First step i need to create an empty file Status with today's date. 2)After that i need to execute the below command: dsjob -server servername -user uname -password pwd -ljobs projectname This will listout all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for script

Hi, I have a big list like this --> 3285 3289 328D 3291 3295 3299 329D 32A1 I need to make it like --> 3285|3289|328D|3291|3295|3299|329D|32A1 Please suggest. This is Linux OS. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed on Script

Hi team, I am looking to execute some command through xargs. $cat testfile | grep myloc alias myloc='cd /export/nfs-1sv-23/' I am trying to execute that alias as soon as i cat and grep ? I tried with $cat testfile | grep myloc | xargs --> no luck ... Can some one assist me with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsme488
6 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help needed for a script

TAG flow Between SDR and DELTA SDR is the Source table. Delta is the target table having one staging table and one Main table. Tags flows between SDR and Delta through ER gateway. From SDR (SDR.CUSTOMER_PRODUCT and SDR.CUSTOMER_PRODUCT_RELATIONSHIP) the Tags flows to ER... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patitapaban
2 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - ISO codes for script identification (ISO 15924) SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; use Locale::Constants; $script = code2script('ph'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Tibetan'); # 'bo' $code3 = script2code('Tibetan', LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_3); # 'bod' $codeN = script2code('Tibetan', LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_NUMERIC); # 330 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to the ISO codes for identifying scripts, as defined in ISO 15924. For example, Egyptian hieroglyphs are denoted by the two-letter code 'eg', the three-letter code 'egy', and the numeric code 050. You can either access the codes via the conversion routines (described below), or with the two functions which return lists of all script codes or all script names. There are three different code sets you can use for identifying scripts: alpha-2 Two letter codes, such as 'bo' for Tibetan. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2". alpha-3 Three letter codes, such as 'ell' for Greek. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_3". numeric Numeric codes, such as 410 for Hiragana. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC". All of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, it defaults to the two- letter codes. This is partly for backwards compatibility (previous versions of Locale modules only supported the alpha-2 codes), and partly because they are the most widely used codes. The alpha-2 and alpha-3 codes are not case-dependent, so you can use 'BO', 'Bo', 'bO' or 'bo' for Tibetan. When a code is returned by one of the functions in this module, it will always be lower-case. SPECIAL CODES The standard defines various special codes. o The standard reserves codes in the ranges qa - qt, qaa - qat, and 900 - 919, for private use. o zx, zxx, and 997, are the codes for unwritten languages. o zy, zyy, and 998, are the codes for an undetermined script. o zz, zzz, and 999, are the codes for an uncoded script. The private codes are not recognised by Locale::Script, but the others are. CONVERSION ROUTINES
There are three conversion routines: "code2script()", "script2code()", and "script_code2code()". code2script( CODE, [ CODESET ] ) This function takes a script code and returns a string which contains the name of the script identified. If the code is not a valid script code, as defined by ISO 15924, then "undef" will be returned: $script = code2script('cy'); # Cyrillic script2code( STRING, [ CODESET ] ) This function takes a script name and returns the corresponding script code, if such exists. If the argument could not be identified as a script name, then "undef" will be returned: $code = script2code('Gothic', LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_3); # $code will now be 'gth' The case of the script name is not important. See the section "KNOWN BUGS AND LIMITATIONS" below. script_code2code( CODE, CODESET, CODESET ) This function takes a script code from one code set, and returns the corresponding code from another code set. $alpha2 = script_code2code('jwi', LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_3 => LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); # $alpha2 will now be 'jw' (Javanese) If the code passed is not a valid script code in the first code set, or if there isn't a code for the corresponding script in the second code set, then "undef" will be returned. QUERY ROUTINES
There are two function which can be used to obtain a list of all codes, or all script names: "all_script_codes ( [ CODESET ] )" Returns a list of all two-letter script codes. The codes are guaranteed to be all lower-case, and not in any particular order. "all_script_names ( [ CODESET ] )" Returns a list of all script names for which there is a corresponding script code in the specified code set. The names are capitalised, and not returned in any particular order. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates use of the "code2script()" function. The user is prompted for a script code, and then told the corresponding script name: $| = 1; # turn off buffering print "Enter script code: "; chop($code = <STDIN>); $script = code2script($code, LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); if (defined $script) { print "$code = $script "; } else { print "'$code' is not a valid script code! "; } KNOWN BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
o When using "script2code()", the script name must currently appear exactly as it does in the source of the module. For example, script2code('Egyptian hieroglyphs') will return eg, as expected. But the following will all return "undef": script2code('hieroglyphs') script2code('Egyptian Hieroglypics') If there's need for it, a future version could have variants for script names. o In the current implementation, all data is read in when the module is loaded, and then held in memory. A lazy implementation would be more memory friendly. SEE ALSO
Locale::Language ISO two letter codes for identification of language (ISO 639). Locale::Currency ISO three letter codes for identification of currencies and funds (ISO 4217). Locale::Country ISO three letter codes for identification of countries (ISO 3166) ISO 15924 The ISO standard which defines these codes. http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
Neil Bowers <neil@bowers.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Neil Bowers. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.5 2012-11-03 Locale::Script(3pm)